Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Show me our Focus Cayos
  • Vader
    Free Member

Just in the process of sizing up a Cayo road bike – either the ultegra model or force specced team replica models (around 1500-1700) – show me your pics and what do you think of yours?

jonb
    Free Member

Mine's stock and I don't have a pic. I've gt the ultegra and I think it's fantastic. Not a huge amount of experience to compare it too.

Nice and stiff on the climbs, seems to take out most of the road vibration, nice geometry.

The ultegra one did seem to have cheap bars and seatpost. Quite heavy.

White bar tape is stupid.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

My sister loves hers. The wheels and seatpost are a bit heavy on the 105 version, but I think that's the only complaint. She's 5'6" and rides an XXS, so they could come up quite large.

Vader
    Free Member

I say, that is nice 🙂

Is it really a xxs?

leggyblonde
    Free Member

deffo. If it didn't have shallow drop bars, her knuckles would be dragging the floor round tight bends….

cp

yep – a 2009 105 one here 🙂 no piccie, though might get round to taking one eventually. I'm 5ft 11.5 and have long (34") legs. ride a Large (56cm) and we get on GREAT! I started with a 58, but that was too big.

Mine has RS-10 wheels which are heavy, but GREAT for training. Frame is super stiff in the bends downhill and it feels very secure, yet very very sprightly up the hills, and I don't get as hammered as I think I will on the rough roads of Sheffield and the Peaks…!

Really highly recommend them!

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Just got mine last week. Clocked up about 200 miles so far and initial impressions are very good. This is the 105 version which does seem a bit on the porky side, though some astute upgrades would bring the weight down quite a bit.

Rides really well – stiff frame but enough absorption in the frame/fork to take a lot of the buzz out of the road. I'm still experimenting with saddle and bar positions to get the ideal riding position but it was pretty comfy out of the box. I'm 5' 8" with 31" IL and this is a medium (54cm).

stumpyjon

I've got last year,s 105. Coming from mountain bikes it's incredibly light. Accelerates really well. I think the wheels on mine are the biggest weak point, apart from me obviously. Can't say I've had any experience of other road bikes but I've been really happy with the one, comfy, fast and I haven't had any problems with it.

White bar tape is stupid.

Definitely agree with that, especially if you wear the same gloves for mountain biking.

Vader
    Free Member

I have to say they are all looking rather splendid, thanks

Anyone had any problems with the BB30 bottom bracket or are they sound?

MrGreedy

Here's mine – 2009 Ultegra model:

I'm 6 foot and ride a 58cm (XL) – not a lot of seatpost showing there but the reach is bang on. The frame itself is very laterally stiff compared to my previous aluminium bike, and while it isn't exactly a magic carpet it certainly takes the edge off bad surfaces better than its predecessor. I can do long distances without feeling at all beaten up by the ride, although like any good road bike it does egg you on to go faster until you've knackered yourself.

The own brand finishing kit is probably not that light but it does the job (I did change the stem for a Thomson, but only because I wanted a longer one). The level of finish is very good, with nice touches like Jagwire cables, and that white bar tape is actually fairly resistant to muck, and scrubs up alright when you do get it dirty.

adam5555

Does anyone know the difference between the cayo 105 and the cayo 105 ltd edition? Wiggle has them both on for £999.99. Is it just a paint work thing?

Haze

Does anyone know the difference between the cayo 105 and the cayo 105 ltd edition? Wiggle has them both on for £999.99. Is it just a paint work thing?

I think I read something along the lines of the limited edition not being BB30 compatible…or something, it was somewhere in the Q&A's on Wiggles page.

I've got the 105 compact on order, hopefully it's turning up on Monday 8)

Haze

Yep, just re-read it…the standard comes with a Hollowtech II insert, but the shell is future-proofed for BB30.

TheOtherJamie
    Free Member

2009 Ultegra 56cm

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Show me our Focus Cayos’ is closed to new replies.