Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • Should Jimmy Savile's remains be exhumed?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

I think that as this storm grows stronger, feelings could get out of hand. I’m as disgusted as the next man at the allegations but I wouldn’t want to see his grave robbed and his remains abused to make a point. I think his family should obtain a permit to exhume and cremate his remains. The urn can be kept out of harm’s way more easily.

ton

why?

cynic-al
    Free Member

OP, I think this does not concern you.

nealglover
    Free Member

None of your business.

(Or mine)

tessayates
    Free Member

It’s a story on the BBC news. Why can’t the OP start a thread on it?

MountainMutant
    Free Member

now then, now then

avdave2

Personally I’d just tip his corpse in a cess pit, seems like a fitting place for him to spend eternity.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

I think he should be dug up and fired into space, its the safest way for everybody!

I wouldn’t want to see his grave robbed and his remains abused to make a point.

Wasn’t he buried under about three feet of concrete so that nobody could steal his jangle jangle jewellery?

binners

I’d think all the energy presently being wasted on Saville would be considerably better deployed on pursuing those still very much alive, and up to similar behavior

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Let’s just nuke Yorkshire.

nealglover
    Free Member

Why can’t the OP start a thread on it?

I never suggested he couldn’t start a thread about it.

My response was in answer to this particular bit ….

I think his family should obtain a permit to exhume and cremate his remains

And my response was that’s its none of our business.

Because it isn’t.

glupton1976
    Free Member

The guy is dead – nothing that anybody does will lead to him being punished for his crimes.

BermBandit
    Free Member

Digging him up and flogging the corpse is on the same level as burning the flags of other nations. Simply pointless posturing. Much better to address the living issues IMHO.

KonaTC

glupton1976 – Member
    The guy is dead – nothing that anybody does will lead to him being punished for his crimes.

Sadly very true.

But the list presented to my mate Dave on TV this morning is a completely different matter.

crikey
    Free Member

All a bit knee jerky and decidedly over dramatic; who else shall we dig up? Which murderers, which other sex offenders?

All getting a wee bit Princess Di for my liking, what happened to the tut as a way of expressing disapproval?

tessayates
    Free Member

Here’s a link to the news story… http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-20243847

Not really worth debating the semantics of “none of our business” on an internet forum.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Is it O.K. to have no opinion one way or the other because I couldn’t care less and see no reason why I should?

monksie
    Free Member

Binners and Crikey type wise words.

nealglover
    Free Member

[Quote]Not really worth debating the semantics of “none of our business” on an internet forum.[/quote]

I agree.

But am I still allowed to think that it’s none of mine (or yours) what his family choose to do with his remains. ?

butcher

I thought removing the gravestone was a step too far and a complete waste of money.

I don’t see what it achieves. His neighbours won’t give a toss, and like it or not Sir Jimmy Saville, the great Kiddy Fiddler (if proven guilty) is now a part of British history. Just like Jack the Ripper, Guy Fawkes, and the rest of the rabble. You never know, he might even be good for tourism.

Keep him where he is and start selling hot dogs and ice cream. He’s not bothering anyone anymore.

tessayates
    Free Member

But am I still allowed to think that it’s none of mine (or yours) what his family choose to do with his remains. ?

Ummm. No you’re not. 🙂

tessayates
    Free Member

Anyway, here’s what David Cameron thinks about pursuing those stil alive;

There is a danger, if we’re not careful, that this could turn into a sort of witch-hunt, particularly against people who are gay

Obviously.

patriotpro
    Free Member

monksie – Member
    Binners and Crikey type wise words

You think so? If members of Binners’ family had been abused by Savile, then I doubt he’d feel the same…

And crikey – if all the people who assisted Savile in his vile campaign took some action rather than TUTTING, then maybe the abuse could have been stopped before it became as acceptable as it seems to have been.

TUT

br
    Free Member

There is a danger, if we’re not careful, that this could turn into a sort of witch-hunt, particularly against people who are gay

Yes, I heard that too – have I missed something?

binners

You think so? If members of Binners’ family had been abused by Savile, then I doubt he’d feel the same…

Funnily, I’m generally a bit more rational than that. If, god forbid, that was the case, then I can assure you it would massively reinforce the opinion I expressed above

allthegear
    Free Member

Huh? How does being gay come into it?

Rachel

crikey
    Free Member

Well yes, but all this after the fact hysteria and hand wringing isn’t really helping anyone except those people who sell newspapers. Lots of inquiries, lots of legal fees, lots of disgusted of Tunbridge Wells, lots of lurid headlines…

Not helping anyone, really.

Support the victims, investigate the issue, apportion blame as required, but without the pitchforks and burning torches please.

br
    Free Member

Huh? How does being gay come into it?

Same question as I, do we know who’s on the ‘list’, or is it more that they are predominately gay?

tessayates
    Free Member

I think it’s because the Conservatives love gay people now and Dave’s just worried because not everyone does.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20251939

MrSparkle

OMG, it’s finally happened – I agree with Flashy.

nealglover
    Free Member

Let’s just nuke Yorkshire.

Any chance you could give me a heads up when it’s happening ?

I’ve got a voucher for £5 off at the chippy and I’d hate to waste it.

crikey
    Free Member

£5 off? In a chippy?
    ‘kin hell, that’s a lotta pies right there!

Coyote
    Free Member

Guy Fawkes, and the rest of the rabble.

What did Guy Fawkes do that was so wrong?

IHN

I’d think all the energy presently being wasted on Saville would be considerably better deployed on pursuing those still very much alive, and up to similar behavior

Quite

Same question as I, do we know who’s on the ‘list’, or is it more that they are predominately gay?

The latter. For once, and given the totality of what he said and the context in which he said it (which you don’t get from the one-liner STW snippets) I, for possibly the first time ever, agree with Dave.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20251939

justme
    Free Member

what binners said ^^^ no matter how rich or powerful they are. would also like to see the people who condoned/covered up what was happening to find themselves in the dock
    Rachel – no idea
    G

thegreatape
    Free Member

I thought removing the gravestone was a step too far and a complete waste of money.

It had a spelling mistake on it, so entirely correct to remove it. By STW standards anyway.

Sandwich

It had a spelling mistake on it

Paedophile spelled the American way? Quite right too! 😉

jon1973
    Free Member

What did Guy Fawkes do that was so wrong?

He failed to blow up the Houses of Parliament.

grum
    Free Member

Are we going to dig him up so we can have a public hanging, just like back in the good old days?

patriotpro
    Free Member

binners – Member

Funnily, I’m generally a bit more rational than that. If, god forbid, that was the case, then I can assure you it would massively reinforce the opinion I expressed above

So you wouldn’t want it investigated if it happened to a member of your own family… I don’t have anything else to say to that really, not without calling you a liar anyway.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Should Jimmy Savile's remains be exhumed?’ is closed to new replies.