Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Should I take the 29" plunge?
  • luked2
    Free Member

I'm thinking about taking the plunge and getting a 29" SS bike. Most likely a Singular Swift, to replace my current 26" inbred.

This is mainly on the basis that I keep doing longish XC events and the suggestion is that they're more suited for this.

I'm not ever going to be on a podium, unless, being a mere 5'8" high, I've surreptitiously borrowed it to help get my bike on the car.

So – worth every penny, or total waste of money?

bungie
    Free Member

Got a Fisher Rig SS a couple of months back to have a go at the 29er thing and haven't been back on my 26 since!

Frizzer
    Free Member

I had a Rig and it was brilliant. The only reason I sold it was to help pay for my Sovereign. I'm sure I'll miss it though.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I liked my rig.

Still not as good for tight turns and jumps as a 26" bike IMO.

singlespeedstu

Drop sam at singular an email and he might be able to sort out a test ride for you.

luked2
    Free Member

Drop sam at singular an email and he might be able to sort out a test ride for you.

I was able to get a test ride the other day. Really nice bike I thought.

Maybe I already know the answer to my own question. I guess my wallet just needs to MTFU.

singlespeedstu

Maybe I already know the answer to my own question

Sounds to me like you do. 😉

The Swift is a great bike.

tazzymtb

Nooooooo don't do it, you'll look bloody silly and everyone will know that you are a sandal wearing beardyweirdy attentionwhore/nichemonger who's only getting one to be different.

EVERYONE knows* 29ers are cr*p and they can only be used on fire roads as they will explode and kill you if you so much as even think of getting the wheels muddy

*at least that's the majority view of STW forumites so it must be correct 😉

matt_outandabout

My EMD was ace *sniff* and now some thieving barstweard is riding it *sniff*.

Ride a few and choose – i found it slower (marginally) to wind up to speed, but rolled n rolled n rolled over trail 'chatter' superbly, even really good at dead steep techno. Not *quite* as nippy mind, but great.

Felt like a proper size bike as well, not a wee flighty thing *like mine is now*.

Better?- at some things, different – yes, fun – oh yes

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

YES

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Should I take the 29" plunge?’ is closed to new replies.