Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • should i take a dremmel to the wife's stumpy?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

The wife has a 2006 stumpy fsr with the interupted seat tube. She wants a reverb. There’s a lump of weld that limits downward post travel to protect the shock. If I remove this, I can fit a 380mm long reverb without risking the shock.

Will she die?

greeble
    Free Member

do it!

relliott6879
    Free Member

I don’t imagine so, so long as you don’t put the post far enough down to be struck by the shock. Even if you did, it’d have to be a spectacularly unfortunate chain of subsequent events to result in actual death…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Conan257
    Free Member

At some point, of course she will…

As long as you do plenty of testing to make sure the linkage doesn’t hit the post, then i’m sure you’ll be fine.

Will it work? – Probably.

Will it look good? – Doubtful.

wwaswas

I can fit a 380mm long reverb without risking the shock.

you sure? and if the post slips a bit?

greeble
    Free Member

and if the post slips a bit?

make sure the seatpost collar is tight enough innit 🙄

tracknicko
    Free Member

what a title! eek!

StefMcDef
    Free Member

If weren’t conversant with MTB slang, that is just about the most disturbing thread title on any forum, ever.

tracknicko
    Free Member

oh and if you’re really worried about her putting it down too far. jubilee clip above the spost clamp will stop it going in further when undone.

wwaswas

what a title! eek!

I was all agog to know what body part a stumpy was a euphamism for, too.

Onzadog
    Free Member

No qualms about the post and shock. Only need to gain ten mil. Depth of the weld really. Was more concerned about removing weld material.

raisinhat
    Free Member

The bit at the bottom isn’t structural, so no problems there. Just measure it all out before you actually file it off, and check clearance by deflating the shock and pushing the suspension as far as it will go.

leffeboy

yes, and don’t call me stumpy

nickjb
    Free Member

I filed a flat onto my post so it goes a little lower but the stop still works. My post only cost a tenner, though

falkirk-mark

is there any possibility you may want to sell the frame at a later date? If yes the I would not touch it.

Onzadog
    Free Member

We usually ride bikes to death. Not much of a second hand dealer.

andyl
    Free Member

Get her drunk and then do it quickly…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘should i take a dremmel to the wife's stumpy?’ is closed to new replies.