Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Should I or Should I Not?
  • moreupsthandowns
    Free Member

Ok STW collective what are your thoughts.

I’ve had the idea about getting a van instead of a car for some months now. The idea being that this would give me more flexibility for bikes, camping, kids and day to day carriage of bits and pieces.

I’ll be doing the usual soundproofing and panelling with the intent to add rear seats and windows.

Having looked at whats available on the market I have settled for a VW Transporter T5 1.9tdi PD. I’ve located a couple of possibles which are ex council with warrantied mileage under 40000 on 54 Plates. Seeing as I am at the eleventh hour whats the general consensus.

Yey? or Ney?

Cheers

MUTDs

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

YOu do know adding seats and windows means reregistering it and so on? ( at the risk of teaching you to suck eggs)

genghispod
    Free Member

Not sure what sort of price you’re looking at, but I have been thinking about a van for a while now. Go for it if you can afford it. I’m considering a 2K van with a zed bed, aka a camper.

project
    Free Member

Somebodies asking for a lift from London to Liverpool,city of Culture to pick a T4,if youve got some wheels,im sure hed share.

lister

we’ve got a t4 with seats (t5 seats) and windows…best thing i’ve ever had, ever.

no qualms, 500 miles on a tank, more space than any car, fits is a car park space, just the best thing.

do it.

moreupsthandowns
    Free Member

Good then I’m obviously going in the right direction. Tandem you are def not teaching me to suck eggs, whats that about reregistering it?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Should I or Should I Not?’ is closed to new replies.