Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Should forks lose pressure over time ?
  • grim168
    Free Member

As per title really. Got a hardtail 18 months ago and shop inflated forks ( fox float 32 r ) to suit my weight. Bought a shock pump the other day and found the pressure to be 55psi . No wonder i keep going over bars 😳 For my weight (15st) it should be about double that according to fox website. I think maybe the pressure loss was gradual and thats why I didn’t notice or I’m cack handed and couldn’t tell the difference anyway.

GHill

Very gradual loss is normal.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

YOu will also lose some ech time you fit and remove the pump.

I wouldn’t be too concerned about taht small loss although the air forks I have (zocchii and RS) don’t lose air at all as far as I can see)

wwaswas

If you ride at all regularly I’d also look to get the forks serviced – 18months is a long time without touching them – Fox like a bit of tlc on a regular basis.

clubber
    Free Member

It really depends. Some forks do – particularly negative chambers as the volume is pretty low so small losses affect the pressure quite a lot.

grim168
    Free Member

Watched the video for the foam ring lube and will get some float fluid and do that. If they look really manky will go for a proper service

mocha
    Free Member

don’t think so, not in my personal fork experience

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Should forks lose pressure over time ?’ is closed to new replies.