Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Shortening travel on Fox Float 32′
  • simonm
    Free Member

I understand you can reduce the travel of fox float 32’s RLC (2009) internally…. anyone know how to do this or if there any instructions online on how to carry it out ?

regards.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yup – put a spacer in one leg – the spring side not oil damp side – the left leg as I did it to my 120 float 32 RL’s down to 100mm. – you have to remove topcap on LHS and undo the bolt at the bottom of the leg – some fluid will escape so collect it unless you are changing the oil anyway – do a service ate the same time I did.

The spring assembly comes out and then slide the spacer at the top between to top spring stop and the spring – has a gap in the side of the spacer and just clips onto the rod runnding down the length of the assemply.

I’ll try and find instructions if I can – thought it was in teh manual IMBO.

Travel on your FLOAT fork can be changed by rearranging the internal 10mm travel spacer. After changing travel, check the fork for proper operation before riding. If there is noticeable play in the fork or if it makes strange noises, disassemble the fork and check for complete number and correct orientation of spacers.

Fox Link

simonm
    Free Member

many thanks, managed to find it online now.. cheers.

Deano100
    Free Member

Does reducing the travel of a 32R Float from 140mm to say 120mm reduce the length of the fork ?

sorry if this is a dumbass question

GaryLake
    Free Member

Yeah, axle to crown is shorter. Currently running a float at 100mm on my singlespeed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Shortening travel on Fox Float 32′’ is closed to new replies.