Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • shoe/cleat wedges
  • coatesy
    Free Member

After a very comfortable relationship of approx. 8yrs with my old Adidas Corundum shoes, they're finally dying on their feet(or mine to be more precise), so at the start of the year I bought some shimano MW80 boots to replace them. The problem is that they feel as if they're canting my feet outwards and seem to be causing pressure on my knees. I've returned to my old shoes and they don't do this, but they aren't going to last much longer, so does anybody know if there's some sort of wedge system for under the cleats available?I seem to vaguely remember something, but haven't found it anywhere.(also checked out Specialized's Varus wedge shoes, but look like it tilts the other way)

thomthumb
    Free Member

get abike fit from a proffessional – there is NO way i'd be fitting wedges myself. but yes – you can buy them.

MrSmith
    Free Member

specialized bg footbeds with varus/valgus wedges.

Onzadog
    Free Member

There used to be something imported by Mojo called "Big Meats", they then became "LeMond LeWedges" and I think they're now BFS Wedges

If you're looking so solve a problem you know you have, using them yourself is fine. Pop one in, it either gets better or it doesn't. If not, try two. You already know what good and bad feel like from the two pairs of shoes!

You can also top and tail pairs of wedges to deal with leg length inequalities.

HTH

smiffkin

I've had the same problem, but with the feeling my feet are canted inwards, not outwards like you. Went for the Specialized BG footbeds and wedges, problem sorted.

imp999
    Free Member

I had this but thought the Spesh footbeds were expensive so made some out of a cork floor tile I had kicking around.
    Cut the shape out then sanded it down to give a wedge and it worked a treat(Under the original footbed).

– Yes, I am a cheapskate.

Onzadog
    Free Member

There must be someone who knows where that can get some tapers plastic shim so people could make their own wedges to go between the cleat and the sole.

coatesy
    Free Member

Cheers guys, thought i'd seen them somewhere, will be giving the credit card a minor bashing tomorrow by the look of it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘shoe/cleat wedges’ is closed to new replies.