Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Shoe fit – heel lift
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

Struggle to find shoes that fit really need to get them on the bike to know. Currently using northwave which are ok and replaced shimanos which really didn’t fit. However got some mavic furys and sidi eagles to try, fury seems comfier but bit long in the toe and got heel lift. Thoughts to importance of heel lift?

cynic-al
    Free Member

It’s annoying, that’s important!

Esp when walking.

colonelwax
    Free Member

Soz for hijacking your thread (but it is STW I guess 😉 ) but any reccomendations for SPD shoes with wide toes and narrow heels?

pinches
    Free Member

any reccomendations for SPD shoes with wide toes and narrow heels?

get the Sidi “Mega” version of one of their shoes, thats a wider toe box. if you get the right model the heel is adjustable

if the mavics are long in the toe and you’re getting heel lift – surely they’re too big for you?

fontmoss
    Free Member

if the mavics are long in the toe and you’re getting heel lift – surely they’re too big for you?

you’re right but they’re dead comfy and that amazing yellow 😉

Tried the mavic insole (which is decent) with the sidis and that is the best fit. So only decision left is whether the sidis will feel tight after feet swell a bit with riding. Going to pull the road bike out later and try them after a pedal.

Which half decent but not more than 10-15 quid insoles are worth a punt?

MSP

lake shoes have 2 options that solve the problem nicely.

1 model the mx236 has a boa fastening behind the heel that pulls the heel in nice and snug. These are what I use.

The other expensive option is the mx 331 has a moldable carbon heel cup, these are what i am saving up for.

http://www.lakecycling.com/footwear.html

rickon
    Free Member

Gaerne shoes that are the ‘plus’ model come with a rubber heel grip – which eliminates any heel lift. Plus they’re mega comfortable.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Shoe fit – heel lift’ is closed to new replies.