Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Shipping a bike, box dimensions please ?
  • weeksy

How big’s a box for a 26″ MTB roughly lads ?

Getting some ridiculous quotes for shipping a package.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

I just shipped a DH bike yesterday it was exactly 154x25x54 Royal mail would not take it because it was too big. Once its over the 150cm then it gets difficult so i would recommend chopping your box down as small as possible, mind you saying that i dont know how all the companies/shops etc manage as with pretty much every company i found that once over 150cm it got expensive!

weeksy

Thanks mate..

Looks like 139cm is the threshold for getting ‘too expensive’ with PArcel Monkey.

toons
    Free Member

Try transglobal express for a quote

nicko74

Or senditnow – if you take the wheels off, handlebars off and rear mech off, you can fit the whole lot in a bike frame box. If you don’t mention that it’s a bike, it’s a pretty reasonable price (used to be about £12 iirc, although that may have changed).

weeksy

They’re great until you add it’s worth £1500 and they add £45 on lol

njee20
    Free Member

Most of them really do calculate to the cubic centimetre, so make the box as small as you possibly can!

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

1st your Ktm, now your Bionicon!?

winston_dog
    Free Member

I’ve shipped several bikes with senditnow.

They have a number of measurements you take to see if its too big.

Mine were all slightly oversize but I didn’t tell them and the courier collected them no problem at all.

weeksy

What about my KTM mate?

freeandsingle
    Free Member

Sent a bike out yesterday using Gwizz couriers (sent via City Link) weighed 22kg, measured similar to yours and cost £15 to send. Only insured for £200 though..

sweaman2
    Free Member

i dont know how all the companies/shops etc manage as with pretty much every company i found that once over 150cm it got expensive

I think it gets cheaper once you’re dealing in multiples. One of the reasons I suspecyt they’re charging so much for a bike is it’s an unusual shape which is hard to pack around.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Shipping a bike, box dimensions please ?’ is closed to new replies.