Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Shimano Saint brake question
  • dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I’m not mtb’ing very much these days, but when i do decide i’m in the mood (which sadly has only been about 3 times a year for 3 years), my back brake needs bled every time and pads changed. This means its a very expensive ride! Is there a way of storing the bike/brakes so this doesn’t happen or do i just need to ride the bike to stop it happening? It might make me more inclined to mtb rather than road ride if the bike worked!

crazy-legs

WTF are you doing to need the brake bled every time?! Leak in the system? Pads just disintegrating?
    They shouldn’t need touching for 18+ months regardless of how much (or little) you’re using it.

About the only thing I can suggest is a full brake service from a shop, pads out, strip down of the calliper, pistons cleaned and re-lubed (it might be degradation of the rubber seals in the pistons due to lack of use?), whole thing bled and checked for leaks. Prob cost about £30-40 for the complete proper strip and re-build of the brake. Unless you get a discount for fluttering your eyelids. 😉

frogger
    Free Member

Just get it serviced. It shouldn’t need a rebleed after every ride, not even after sitting there for a year untouched.

Kit
    Free Member

I’ve had problems with my the pistons leaking on my Saints – lever pulls to the bar and/or no power as the pads and rotor get contaminated with fluid. New caliper time…

ojom
    Free Member

Still doing this eh? Last time you got new pads the pistons were very lazy. Best get them serviced fully as chaps up there say.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Shimano Saint brake question’ is closed to new replies.