Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Shimano freehub help please
  • Kendal
    Free Member

My wifes bike has Shimano XT M752 hubs on it, do I need an M752 freehub, (which I can't find anywhere on the web,) for it, or does one of the other freehubs fit?

Thanks for your help!

abductee
    Free Member

these might be different
    580 = Y-3C0 98010
    585 = Y-3C0 98010
    760 = Y-3CO 98010
    765 = Y-3CO 98010

these ones should fit.
    555 = Y-3BD 98010
    570 = Y-3BD 98010
    752 = Y-3BD 98010
    756 = Y-3BD 98010

Shimano techdocs

Kendal
    Free Member

Sorry if I'm being thick abductee, but I take it this means the 555, 570, 752 and 756 all use the same freehub?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cynic-al
    Free Member

Interesting….the Y-3BD is also on the LX freehub…which is £10 at on-one atm.

abductee
    Free Member

Cynical
    The picture in on one for the LX rear is of a centre lock front 585 which if it was a rear would be the Y-3CO so I don't think its the same.

Kendal
    Yes they do share the same parts. in the Shimano documents it lists the 555 and 570 LX as having the same part number as the 752 and 756 XT. Last time I managed to buy the whole hub for the same price as the freehub and got new skewer cones, seals and bearings thrown in. Shimano prices have gone up a lot and now it is a lot more to buy a complete hub than the freehub body unless you can find one (perhaps a non disc) reduced.

Merlin

Chain reaction

I'm not an expert on this so it would be nice if someone else could confirm whether what I am saying is right/wrong

theotherjonv

I did manage to do this once – bought a whole LX non-disc hub for less than the freehub I needed. It can be done, and I did get new axle and cones, etc. as a bonus.

On the minus side, getting the freehub off when you don't have a vice or the leverage of a wheel to pull against is a bugger.

Kendal
    Free Member

Thanks for all your help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Shimano freehub help please’ is closed to new replies.