Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Share the pain.
  • McQ
    Free Member

OK September has not been the best month of my life…actually that is a minor understatement.

My girlfriend of over 5 1/2 years has just ended it, saying she is no longer in love with me. She has moved out of my house and taken her child (obviously) and the dog and what used to be a loud fun place, just has me rattling around in an empty shell.

I know all the analogies i.e. more fish in the sea and such the like, but I am totally and utterly gutted. I thought I would spend the rest of my life with her ya know. I used to day dream away and make great plans for us; I used to think I could achieve anything with her strength by my side. She was IMHO the most beautiful and smartest woman I had ever met and I thought this is it, she is the one.

Now I feel like a right miserable bastardo just moping around my house, I should be getting on with work and stuff but I can’t seam to concentrate on anything for long enough without thinking about her, the kid and the mutt.

I assume the pain will dull with time, however it is pretty raw now and I am not sure of the best way to clear my head so I can get on with….well life.

Sorry I know this will probably not be the most fun post you will have read in a while, but I thought some folks out there might have some helpful advice.

To make it worse, two weeks before she ended it some theiving git stole my hardtail, so I can't even go out and blast my crappy mood away. I have also received a pay reduction in work cause of the recession and can’t afford another. To tell you all the truth I am glad to see the back of September 2009.

If anyone can top my month of poo you are welcome to share the pain.

mboy
    Free Member

Was gonna say the best way to solve (or at least momentarily forget about) the situation is to get out on your bike as much as possible… It's what I'm about to do to get over my impending redundancy!

But… Sounds like you're in a right state without a bike! If you're anywhere near Worcester, I've got 2 bikes still (certainly will have until I've been on the dole for long enough too) and you can borrow one to come riding with me if you want…

Moses

That sounds stupidly tough. It's bad enough to lose the girl, but when she takes the child and dog, it's cruel.

Rambling? Running? Borrow a bike? (One of mine if you're short and near Bristol)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    2hottie
    Free Member

I had man flu in the last 2days of September… admittedly not as bad as your September but still dump all the same. Chin up McQ…

backhander
    Free Member

Two words.
    STRIP. CLUB.

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

aw, I'm sorry. The love of my life recently ended it with me too. Can't say I coped very well at all for the first few weeks… still very much and up and down process..

has triggered off panic attacks, worries I'll get kicked out of Uni, and my grandma died – (if I get points for pain)

to be honest, I haven't had the energy or enthusiasm for biking. I'm getting through it with the help of a really good friend who understands me better than most people. I'm also trying my best to focus on Uni work – I've been doing some practical work (printmaking) for the past week which has helped a lot.

do you have a mate who could lend you a dog? I know it sounds a bit silly but I'd love to be able to take a dog for a long walk at the moment – fluffy animals always cheer me up and it's nice to be able to give it a big hug (I personally think that the sudden absence of touch is one of the hardest things to deal with)

McQ
    Free Member

mboy & Moses – thank you guys, you are very kind but I'm based in the great smog of London.

miaowing_kat I think you have upped me, not that I think that will make you feel better.

I do have mates around, but we are scattered all round the city, it is more coming home ot the empty house and sitting around alone. We lived together for 5 years and she's always been there to share…stuff with, chat and what not. I had a connection with her I don't think I will ever get with anyone else, I feel like I have been cut in half.

There is always beer I guess 😕

Bunnyhop

McQ – I don't know how old you are but there will be someone else out there, only when the time is right.
    Many of us on STW. have been through similar and come out the otherside.

Time is the healer, boring statement I know but true all the same.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Share the pain.’ is closed to new replies.