Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • Shall I sell my Ex's car whilst she's just jetted off for 2wks with another man?
  • geordiemick00
    Free Member

It goes like this….. Dec 2011 I started dating a woman who’d just been dumped by her husband of 15 years. I was described as her ‘rock’ and we were a couple. Three months later she got ‘confused’ and dumped me saying she wanted space… only to be back on my case within a few days saying she made a mistake and we got back together. I then learned the night after she dumped me she went for a drink with another fella and it turned out he was boring.

We moved in together fell out, she moved out in April this year and we carried on seeing each other and things were OK, but the same problems hung around. We’re both quite hot headed and when we argue boy we went for it. We ended up falling out again 10 days ago.

I desperately love this woman and she’s admitted she loves me but we can’t live together…. I’ve spent the last week feeling quite ill and convinced another charmer who goes to the roller rink she works at has seen a crack and gone for it. Friday night I came out of Pizza hut with my daughter and her car (financed by me, in my name) is parked outside a pub.

Temptation got the better of me and I went in, I knew there was someone else involved and there was. She was sat with a guy who’s a bit of a nice guy but also renown for being a bit opportunistic. I confronted them, poured my soul to her in front of him and left. We spoke yesterday morning and she told me she loves me but it can’t work. I’ve begged her to talk to me, giving me hope that we could meet up on Tuesday night.

I went for a skate tonight and she wasn’t working, even though she said earlier she would be. After some driving about and calling her she told me straight. She’s in a departure lounge with this fella. He was offered two places on a family holiday and they were going ‘as friends’ and was sorry for hurting me, but now I know the truth. I’m devastated, I feel like a total pratt. She’s a trainee beautician and has waxed this fellas back on a few occasions and chatted with him at the roller rink. I don’t think anything was going on before we split, she just craves attention and he’s pounced as soon as she’s announced she’s single.

Now, the relevance to the thread is this. In January, here 9 year old Yaris was having issues so stupid me suggested trading it in for a new one. So the £1800 trade in was agreed and we bought a brand new one that costs £200 a month. Now we’ve split up she’s saying I bullied her into it and whilst she’s paying for the car I now have 2.5 years to be tied to this woman, because of a car.

She’s off with him on holiday and I have a spare key. I could probably just about get what is left owing on it, but she’d be left with nothing for a new car. Should I even stop and think about this or shall I go get the car and just do it??

I have the documents of ownership etc so it’s above board.

NZCol

It’s your car so sell it.

kevj
    Free Member

Fookin ‘ell. Car-crash T.V. this.

Seriously, sell the car and move on. She’s a wrong’n.

and has waxed this fellas back on screw occasions

Euphemism of the year.

sweaman2
    Free Member

Your car to do with as you see fit

zokes
    Free Member

As above. But make sure you video her when you inform her of this course of action. Then post it on here

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

You don’t actually say who’s name the finance agreement is in? If its solely yours then go for it, but not if its joint. Also who’s lead on the insurance?

Also factor in the cost of a new main key.

Matt24k
    Free Member

You are better off without her in every way.
    Just walk away and if the car is legally yours then you can sell it. But, you will need to give her back the £1800 that she put in at the start by way of the part ex.
    Use these 2 weeks wisely and read what you have written in your post pretending it’s not you posting. The relationship has already failed and you have given it more than enough of your time.
    In a years time you’ll realise that you did the right thing.

bullheart
    Free Member

Jesus…

Do people actually rollerskate nowadays?

Wow.

Pigface
    Free Member

I see your future on Jeremy Kyle. 😉

hora
    Free Member

She obviously isnt into you. Hence the dates/casting around. Plus get tested.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

another charmer who goes to the roller rink she works at has seen a crack and gone for it

😯

andypaul99
    Free Member

Dont do anything rash with the car, at least get a few valations before you sell it, as you only had the car since Jan with £1800 trade in it may not be worth what you owe.
    Might be better to keep hold of it for a little longer.

Its tough but the best thing to do is not to make any rash decisions that you may regret in the near future.

She on the other hand is a total wrongun, no doubt.

djglover
    Free Member

Classic stuff, trainee beauticians at the roller rink. The NE is a true throw back to the ’80s.

hora
    Free Member

What do you think they are doing on holiday?

You don’t go on holiday with someone out of the blue. Unbeknown to you she has probably had this one simmering for a while.

The best you can do is wait until shes back and speak like an adult- the car needs to go thrn you can get on with your life. I think you’ve kept going back as you thought she was a victim messed up by her husband. Maybe there was more there than meets the eye/you were told about breakup?

damo2576
    Free Member

Pizza Hut, Roller Rink, Yaris, waxing, trainee Beautician?! Obviously made up.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Shame on you, feel the man’s pain (not literally) time to get a cheap Yarris 🙂

zokes – Member – Quote
    As above. But make sure you video her when you inform her of this course of action. Then post it on here

Yep post any vids you have 😉

codybrennan
    Free Member

North East, skating you say?

Clover

What would happen if she stopped paying?

totalshell

a roller skating back waxing two timing Yaris driver, what a catch.

Jamie
    Free Member

Three months later she got ‘confused’ and dumped me saying she wanted space…

At that point, you should have jumped out the nearest window.

vinnyeh

She’s a trainee beautician and has waxed this fellas back on a few occasions

Is this a euphemism, or do manly northern men regularly prep up like this?

br
    Free Member

£200 a month for the next 2.5 years – in women terms quite a cheap lesson…

But, is it worth that for a shag everytime she decides she fancies you again – obviously we’ve no pictures to be able to make a ‘value’ judgement?

Or if you’ve signed the agreement, and want out, take it back and sort out the finance and/or keep the car. You’ll need to sort out the insurance and get a supplementary V5 (if her name is on it).

zokes
    Free Member

At that point, you should have jumped out the nearest window.

But only if you were on the ground floor…

EDIT: In fact, a door might just be a safer option all round

boblo
    Free Member

As for refunding the £1800 deposit… Presumably this would be reduced in line with the overall depreciation in value? Bit dull but don’t get generous whilst getting ‘shafted’…

zokes
    Free Member

Bit dull but don’t get generous whilst getting ‘shafted’…

It’s his semi-ex missus who’s getting shafted, it seems…

wrecker
    Free Member

If you let her, this woman will lead you around the garden path for years. It may hurt, but console yourself with the fact that it’s been a lucky escape and feel sorry for the next poor bugger.
    I wouldn’t sell the car out of spite/revenge. Wait until she gets back and tell her what needs to happen; you sell the car or she buys you out.
    Otherwise;

Whilst doing an image search for judge judy, I found this and thought I’d share……..

😯 😯 😯 😯

iolo
    Free Member

Are you a door mat? Maybe you should buy her a house while she’s on holiday?
    Either keep the car and use it or sell it. Have nothing whatsoever to do with her again. If you do she will walk over you.

nealglover
    Free Member

As for refunding the £1800 deposit… Presumably this would be reduced in line with the overall depreciation in value? Bit dull but don’t get generous whilst getting ‘shafted’…

Also, a knackered 9 year old Yaris wasn’t worth £1800 when you traded it in anyway.

A discount off the new one was shifted across to your Part Exchange valuation to make you feel better.

(People don’t generally like being told what their car is actually worth, so this is common practice)

zokes
    Free Member

(People don’t generally like being told what their car is actually worth, so this is common practice)

As an aside, in the crazy car market that is South Australia’s, our beat up Hyundai Getz (that I grudgingly paid $5000 for six months previous when we first got here) had shot up in value to over $9000 when we traded it in for an ex-demo that Land Rover were desperately trying to shift 😯

cheez0
    Free Member

You ?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~miles~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~? her

Get shot of her fast.
    No ‘just friends’
    No texting
    No ‘bumping’ into..

As has been said, this cow will make your life a misery if you let her.

No hole is worth your sanity.

cheez0
    Free Member

…oh, and judge judy?

I would.

(I bet she’s got some ace ‘outfits’!) 🙂

Fnarr.

jekkyl

if she needs the car to get to work she’ll be mighty angry! can she get a bus? cycle? 😛

but get her gone, you say you love her but you argue, what you are feeling is loyalty, it isn’t love. get shot of her.

scottyjohn
    Free Member

If all the car details are in your name, sell it and don’t answer any of her calls. Screw her £1800 deposit, was there any proof that she provided it? That’ll teach her to go around messing people’s lives up. Karma big time 😈

daleftw
    Free Member

Where’s the roller rink in Newcastle?

johnnystorm

As ever, Goldie Lookin’ chaion have the answer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzVpEOV3Qfk

Run. For. Your. Life.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Where’s the roller rink in Newcastle

It’s not, it’ in Wigan where I live.

+1 to the comments about the trade value being skewed by not showing a discount, it was worth about £1500 tops. She can swivel for that, her father’s already told her to hand the car back to me so I need to do this to protect me from being lumbered with a car I don’t need and £200 a month for the pleasure.

kevj
    Free Member

daleftw – Member
    Where’s the roller rink in Newcastle?

Fancy, erm, getting yer back waxed like pet?

zokes
    Free Member

so I need to do this to protect me from being lumbered with a car I don’t need and £200 a month for the pleasure.

Great, whatever, just make sure you video it!

😉

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

This has almost as much potential as the 19 year old and the hired (but non-insured) R32 thread on pistonheads!

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Sell the car and change the locks at home. This should get the message across to her I’d think.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Shall I sell my Ex's car whilst she's just jetted off for 2wks with another man?’ is closed to new replies.