Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • shabby stiching gripe . Again!
  • scruzer
    Free Member

I know we had this thread (no pun intended)a few weeks ago to which I replied I always have problems with new kit falling to bits, going onto mention some of the brands such as Pearl Izumi, Altura, Endura, North Wave and Specialized. Just to prove my point and to get off my chest, I bought some 661 Kyle Straights 7 days ago and have worn them twice and now the stiching has come apart on the tab/loop thing holding the elastic strap! I am seriously fed up with 'top brands'' gear being naff! Or is it just me and the guy who posted last time?

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

661 have a reputation for poor quality control,but they're a "cool brand"?? The finish on a few brands seems to hav taken a dive over the last couple of years.
    On the other hand,no pun intended,my Fox Digit gloves are still going strong after 7 years. No holes ,no stitching coming undone. What's happened?

oldfart

i had to send back a pair of fox launch shorts stitching unravelled after a week !

Wiksey
    Free Member

I've had similar problems with some of the brands you mention so I now buy from Ground Effect and have had no problems even after repeatedly throwing myself along the floor.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

yep the stiching on my other wise excellent kyle straits is gone here and there – out with the needle thread mate!

squattingmouse
    Free Member

Killed a pair of 661 gloves in 4 months once. Never had any Endura problems though. My TSG Nosedives are looking a bit tatty but that's all due to impact!

user-removed
    Free Member

Yup – my Straights had stitching issues which, fortunately, I noticed as soon as I tried them on. Straight back for an exchange.

After following the link helpfully posted on here a few days back, I bought a pair of Endura shorts for £16 – would have been a bargain, but the liner had a hole in it, straight out of the bag. Can't be @rsed sending them back.

Fox Gloves (circa 2000) still going strong though, and they've just survived another wash too!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘shabby stiching gripe . Again!’ is closed to new replies.