Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Setting up a business … Broadband & Printer advice pls
  • Aus
    Free Member

Setting up a small business – 2 of us at the moment, with hopefully 2 more in the near-ish future.

Have got premises but any advice on

– Broadband … we’ll need email and internet provision, not heavy usage at all … good suppliers to look at? We’re planning on not having a landline so only need internet

– Printer – we are running Windows, and need colour printer, ideally A4 & A3, reasonable quality so guessing laser. Again any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

sharkbait
    Free Member

We’re planning on not having a landline so only need internet

No broadband without a landline [basically], unless the premises is in a good wifi zone.

nickjb
    Free Member

A3 adds a lot to the printer costs. I’ve been looking out for a deal and they go for big bucks. I’ve got an A4 laser for general duty and a A3 inkjet for bigger prints or use the local print shop if I need better quality.

davidjones15
    Free Member

Is there any reason for not having a landline? Most (new)customers will feel more comfortable if there is a landline number.
    I basically run on mobile internet but still have a Skype landline, maybe this is your case too, if so, I’ll shut up.

oink
    Free Member

virgin do good business broadband without the need for a landline – if you can get fibre

marcus7
    Free Member

Get a landline! when you try and set up accounts etc it is a real PITA without one. i presume you will have bills to pay and customers etc and they really dont like mobiles as they tend to like “fixed” contact points. we set up 6 months ago and just use a local supplier for both, to be honest its not very expensive (not much more than home) and we use our mobiles a lot as they have loads of free mins on them.

algarvebairn
    Free Member

I don’t think I’d deal with a business with no land-line. It just looks dodgy – rightly or wrongly – and I suspect a lot of people are like that. My business is almost exclusively mobile. There are four of us working in different locations around the UK but we have an office with desks and a ‘phone just for appearances sake. The ‘phone is diverted to either one of the mobiles or an answering service. Works fine. I think it costs about forty quid a month.

Markie
    Free Member

I can recommend http://www.zen.co.uk as an Internet provider. My wife’s business runs them on 60+ sites and they are solid with their (business) customer care. Pricy in comparison to some others, mind, but if Internet only is how you roll…

geoffj

I use soho66 to forward a landline number to my mobile.

jota180
    Free Member

We flatly refuse a credit account to customers without a landline

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Setting up a business … Broadband & Printer advice pls’ is closed to new replies.