Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Servicing Rock Shox Pike Forks
  • Finchie85
    Free Member

Hi, just wondering whether anyone has any advice on how to go about servicing my forks, they've had 2 years hard use without a service. Should i just send them off to TF Tuned or is it relatively easy to do??

I_Ache
    Free Member

Tick

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Depends what you mean by a service. to me thats an oil change – and that is straightforward to do. top nuts off, empty oil out, foot nuts off, pull lowers off, empty oil out, clean seals and foam rings, reassemble with correct oil amounts. Take an hour. Proper guides are available on the net or I have one.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I just had a look. all the info is on the rockshox site
    http://www.sram.com/en/service/rockshox/view.php?catID=1&subcatID=5

retro83
    Free Member

Its really easy but if they've been neglected for 2 years, maybe worth going back to tft for new seals etc. Push upgrade is great on Pikes as well.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Rochshox have videos on servicing forks on Youtube. All pretty easy.

Rockshox youtube

All pretty much the same process. I do all my lowers (tora, reba and lyrics) every few months and the top every 6.

Finchie85
    Free Member

Cheers for all the input, i'm thinking i might send them back to TFT in a couple of months. Give them a good going over seeing as i have completely neglected them.

messiah
    Free Member

As above – simple service is easy. I like TFT and it's worth it if you have problems to fix or are after some tinkering within the fork. Push upgrade worth it if you frequently overcome the damping of the fork with your RAD biking powers. The seals that TFT fitted were better than the originals in mine and are probably worthwhile upgrade – enduro's I think. TFT are usually very helpful on the phone.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Seals are easy to replace save yourself £60 or so and do it yourself. Did some fox 36s the other week its a piece of cake.

hora
    Free Member

Wantage, Oxfordshire

bugga. If you were close by I'd show you.

This link would also help you inspect and clean the lowers- thats all you might need to do. Its essentially the samething.

http://www.cycletherapist.co.uk/step-by-step-guides/rock-shox-lyrik-lower-service/

Finchie85
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice, Hora – i think i'll print that and have a go at it if i get time at the weekend. Thanks for all the help though much appreciated.

grumm
    Free Member

Dead easy to clean out the seals and replace the oil. Wish I'd done mine before getting horrible stanchion wear.

hora
    Free Member

Finchie85- honestly. I was gobsmacked by just how simple it is. I assumed the marketing was right. i.e. hitech/not for non-skilled suspension mechanics to touch.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Servicing Rock Shox Pike Forks’ is closed to new replies.