Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Sending an Ipad abroad?
  • xcgb
    Free Member

Hi all
    I need to ship an Ipad out to Cyprus for my father in law, to use to help with communication/therapy after a stroke, does anyone know any carriers that will do this? I use TNT at work but they wont touch it as its a computer.

It will be in a armour proof case too, but will need to be insured anyway

ta

z1ppy

UPS?

chomp
    Free Member

might be cheaper to get a return flight (and you get to say hi and show him how to use it to boot)

(this in no way answers your question, sorry)

jam-bo

I’m guessing the insurance is an issue. Can you not order one in cyprus and ship it direct?

xcgb
    Free Member

Can you not order one in cyprus and ship it direct

costa a bomb over there,

hmm yes i might have to wait until next visit

allthegear
    Free Member

Seems strange that TNT won’t carry it – they managed to deliver my new iPad to me…

Rachel

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Shirley it’s easier to purchase one from an Apple store local to your father-in-law and have it delivered domestically for free.

xcgb
    Free Member

Seems strange that TNT won’t carry it – they managed to deliver my new iPad to me.

they said its because it contains Memory? even though there wont be any data on it

Apple store local

not much local to him never mind an Apple store!

Three_Fish
    Free Member

How do other people in Cyprus buy Apple products? How about this guy? He speaks excellent English, apparently. Also, Prisma Computer in Nicosia.

xcgb
    Free Member

People I have spoken to say they buy abroad and bring back, all imported stuff is pricey over there

Three_Fish
    Free Member

But how much do either of those stores actually quote?

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Try http://www.parcel2go.com – see what their international delivery options are.

jam-bo

People I have spoken to say they buy abroad and bring back, all imported stuff is pricey over there

Then insured shipping will incur import duties too. You won’t get them to insure and declare a low value…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Sending an Ipad abroad?’ is closed to new replies.