Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Selling etiquette – help
  • los
    Free Member

I’ve just advertised a frame on the For Sale forum: I’ve had 7 or 8 requests for pics, one of who said he wanted to join the dibs queue the first enquirer (who only actually said he wanted pics. Now I have a chap who says he’s happy to buy without seeing. Should I go over all the other potential buyers or at least give them the chance to see pics in the order the requests came in?
    Cheers
    Los

druidh
    Free Member

An offer is an offer. Take the money.

Dobbo

1st definite buyer gets it IMO.

Clink

As one of the guys who has asked for pics I would say contact the first guy who responded (not me!)out of courtesy; if he doesn’t offer to buy then take the offer.

los
    Free Member

Thanks, that’s all I needed to know. Didn’t want to nark anyone off over a £125 frame. I’ll take your advice Clink.
    Los

psychle
    Free Member

Thought you were talking about the Whyte 19 Ti, that seems a rather good deal to me!

rustler
    Free Member

First to say yes.
    Posting a pic saves the hassle in the first place.

chakaping
    Free Member

First to say yes.
    Posting a pic saves the hassle in the first place.

What he said.

I’d be loathe to hang about waiting for people to view pics and get back to me because so many just never do.

In the time you wait other offers can disappear as well. Got to catch buyers while they’re hot!

Northwind

But remember not to alienate others if you can, definate buyers often aren’t all that definate. I think my Soul went to the third definate buyer 🙄 And my Pro 2 maxle axle has had about 5 now. So keep your “dibs” happy if you can!

los
    Free Member

Cheers, gotta remember how to do the posting pic thing. 😳

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

You seem to mostly sell on here, thought you might have got the hang of it by now 😉

xiphon
    Free Member

My rule – first to stump up the cash wins – simple, but effective.

Provided you actually state the above in the advert, so potential buyers know…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Dobbo – Member
    1st definite buyer gets it IMO.

That’s correct in law.

sh1tforbrains
    Free Member

Screw the tyre kickers, if you someone’s got the readys they get the goods.

snakebite
    Free Member

yup, people who say dibs are usually about 13, and will then tell you they have to sell something to fund a £15 purchase.
    A firm offer wins everytime!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Selling etiquette – help’ is closed to new replies.