• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Mog.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Selling advice – Cube AMS
  • Mog
    Free Member

I have a 2009 18″ Cube AMS 125. I used if from Feb – Sept the year I bought it (new, 2009) and then it’s been out maybe 2 or 3 times a year since then as I spent more time on my roadbike. Now I’m heading back to my mountain bike, I’d rather a hardtail. I’m thinking of selling the Cube frame to fund one.
    I have no idea how much to expect though?
    I don’t suppose anyone has bought/sold something similar recently? How much did you/would you pay/sell for? I’ve tried looking at ebay, here, bike radar, but they don’t seem to come up for sale very much.
    Sorry – just trying some ‘market research’.
    It’s this one:

jonk

Start at half retail then a bit for each year. Why not see if anyone wants to swap for a decent hard tail?

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Just sell the frame and tfr the parts onto a HT frame?

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Perhaps £200 – £300 for the frame alone? Maybe a bit more if some is really keen or its immaculate.

You’d probably want to sell it with headset, seat collar and post as a new frame may have different sizes.

supercyril
    Free Member

I sold one 2 years ago on ebay. Same year and colour but it was a 16″. Think I got about £230.

Mog
    Free Member

jonk – Member
    Start at half retail then a bit for each year. Why not see if anyone wants to swap for a decent hard tail?

Tried that a couple of months ago – no takers.

SilentSparky – Member
    Just sell the frame and tfr the parts onto a HT frame?

Yep, that’s exactly the plan. If it’s not worth much I won’t bother though.

Ideally I’d just go for a straight swap without the faff of taking everything off and building up again.

supercyril – Member
    I sold one 2 years ago on ebay. Same year and colour but it was a 16″. Think I got about £230.

Cheers supercyrill, that was just what I was after. Did you have much interest in it? I was hoping for a bit more, but wanted to be realisitic before it goes up for sale.

Thanks all.

monkeyboyjc

Your proberly looking at £200 maxiumim at the moment (not the best time for selling, April – June is best, when people think of upgrading bikes for the summer).
    The problem you have is this:
    http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/m41/k325/cube.html?od=&ft=1
    You can buy new Cube frames quite cheap.

If you decide to go down the ebay route, it sounds silly but remember fees. I wanted £1300 for my bike, which ment putting a ‘buy it now’ price of £1400 on it. Theres a good ebay fees calculator here:
    http://ecal.altervista.org/en/fee_calculator/ebay.co.uk/

supercyril
    Free Member

It was hardly a bidding frenzy but i assumed that was down to the size. I would expect 18″ would sell better.
    I sold mine because it was too small and i also wanted to return to a hardtail.I transplanted most of the stuff onto this with no regrets.

PaulD
    Free Member

Mog,

I could be interested in a swap for my 18″ Cube LTD Pro HT frame.

It would need to be face to face in Wokingham.

Email me if interested.

paul.r.davisAThotmail.co.uk

Mog
    Free Member

supercyril – that’s my plan, keep the kit but swap the frame.

PaulD – thanks for the offer, but you’re a bit far away (I’m in S.Wales) and I was hoping to end up with something steel. Thanks though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Selling advice – Cube AMS’ is closed to new replies.