Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Selling a rewelded frame…
  • alexxx
    Free Member

I’ve got a Socom that I noticed a small 1/2mm crack on the weld where the linkage bolts into the top tube of the frame.

When I noticed it I got it welded by a metal worker here in Morzine who has done handfuls of successful weld jobs on aluminium.

Once it was welded I left it for a month then rode it for the rest of the season and didn’t think any more of it…

It is still going strong and has been in my garage since the snow came… however this year I’m getting a deal on bike so selling my old parts…. I’m not how fair it is to sell a rewelded frame?

I rode it with confidence off road gaps and big jumps but is that ok to resell it on to someone and say “the risk is yours”.. I was only thinking about 350euro for it with a dhx push tuned shock and 2 sets of drop outs (135 and 150mm).

Any thoughts on this?

meehaja
    Free Member

i bought a re welded jump bike, it was fine, but I paid a lot less than market value for it (£35 for a £80ish frame).

So long as the buyer is aware, whats the problem?

dan93
    Free Member

I would be intrested in buying it if that answers your question 😀 Have sent you an email

alexxx
    Free Member

Fair play question answered.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Selling a rewelded frame…’ is closed to new replies.