Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Secure Hotel Parking near Dover?
  • qcamel
    Free Member

Hi Folks

Looking for some local knowledge please. I am travelling to Morzine in the summer in my van with 6 bikes in the back and need to overnight near Dover for an early morning Ferry Departure. Due to the obvious value of the vans contents and the risk of theft can anybody recommend accommodation with secure parking within 50 miles of Dover? I am travelling down from the North East.

qcamel
    Free Member

Nobody able to offer any help with this one?

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

There is loads! Depends where you want to stay. cheap and cheerful ie travellodge one on the seafront, or at whitfield. The docks would be the obvious place to park, cameras everywhere!!
    loads of B&Bs within 5mins walk as is the travelodge

uplink
    Free Member

Most of the chains will have cctv

TBH – I suspect there’s many vehicles with a lot more valuable goods in them than a few bikes for the local scrotes to focus on

Get there early, pick a good spot in the car park where it’s well visible and if poss, back it up to a wall

qcamel
    Free Member

[quoteThere is loads! Depends where you want to stay. cheap and cheerful ie travellodge one on the seafront, or at whitfield. The docks would be the obvious place to park, cameras everywhere!!
    loads of B&Bs within 5mins walk as is the travelodge[/quote]

I am not familiar with the area so wonder if you could expand on this? The parking at the docks can be accessed all the time and then simply walk to your hotel/BB? Problem is the van is a VW Kombi so back windows fitted and the bikes will value in excess of £20k…Too tempting for people wandering about carparks looking for an easy theft. Obviously bikes will be chained together and to van, and covered and insured but it would spoil the trip somewhat not having a bike!! 😀

Assuming I can park up in secure car-park and walk then could you recommend the nearest Travel Lodge/Premier Inn etc?

Cheers

uplink
    Free Member

The nearest Premier Inn will be the Marine Parade one

yossarian
    Free Member

Why not contact an lbs and see if you can get them stored there? Or take the bikes into your rooms?

qcamel
    Free Member

The nearest Premier Inn will be the Marine Parade one

Thankyou, and so I can park in the Docks Multistorey and simply walk to Marine Parade?

Why not contact an lbs and see if you can get them stored there? Or take the bikes into your rooms?

Not really possible, 1 driver, 6 bikes and her arrives at around 9pm and leaves around 6 am…

BIGMAN
    Free Member

Why not stay in a hotel/B&B just outside of Dover… Out the way in quiet rural countryside!

http://www.beechborough.com/Contact_Us.html

http://www.farm-stay-kent.co.uk/popups/hornbeams.htm

BIGMAN
    Free Member

if you want more places locally to stay please e mail me in my profile!

There is this place to. In canterbury so lots of places to eat and drink and has its own parking. Its about a mile out of the centre.

Home

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Secure Hotel Parking near Dover?’ is closed to new replies.