Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Second bike advice, main one been a Mojo!
  • quentinfarquar
    Free Member

Right so I bought a Mojo and a P7 after a big insurance payout (new for old and all that). Thinking been the mojo is light and bling for the summer big rides. P7 cheap, low maintance, leave on car at work and good for family rides camping and road riding. Then bought a road bike and have been using it alot. I now take the Mojo out all the time for two reasons. All riding pals are full suss, and I feel so much slower on P7. And it give's me a bad back. However for short solo non trail centre rides I do enjoy it.

So my current thinking is sell P7 frame and buy a new 5 frame…. but will I have too bikes that are to similar!!

What other options would you consider, I do have a soft spot for 5's…

Rickos
    Free Member

5 and Mojo would be way too similar. Sounds like a hardtail isn't for you if you get a bad back. How about converting the P7 to singlespeed and use that for local pootles?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

leave on car at work

You'd do that after presumably having recently had your bikes stolen?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Munqe-chick
    Free Member

(Mr M-C posting) I would agree that mojo and five are too similar. Ive just got a Nomad and sill have my Coiler which I'll probably end up selling as it similar but "inferior" and I cant do hardtails either due to a bad back.

And I assume you wouldnt be happy leaving the Five lying around in car parks, so it doesnt fulfil the P7's remit of being cheap, low maintenance and low worry.

Looked long and hard at the Mojo (ran an advice/opinions thread) but have always lusted after a white Nomad since first seeing one and a nice one came up on fleabay. Come on then, post a pic of your PAJ!

BigDummy
    Free Member

Sounds (whisper it) as though your optimum number of bikes is:

N-1

where N is the number of bikes you currently have. 🙂

ed80
    Free Member

I'll come out riding on my P7 and then you won't feel slow, but possibly still have the bad back.

Sell the P7 and just have one bike?

quentinfarquar
    Free Member

The bikes were stolen from my house, work is very safe it's more the fact I have to take the mojo apart to take it, won't fit on the rack.

During the winter I night ride everyweek in the mud and mess and don't always get to wash it, so a P7 a third of the price of mojo seemed a good idea, built with heavier more durable parts.

I also get a bit nervous taking the Mojo on the plane and riding hard in the alps. Before they were stolen I had a Blur as main bike and an old sub 5 with cheap bits for the winter mud.

Also considering a heckler with coil, as P7 has coil Pikes for a more bomb proof alps / winter ride. That might give me more contrast.

soobalias
    Free Member

perhaps the HT needs a little work?

glenp
    Free Member

Why does the P7 give you a bad back? Is it sized differently to the Mojo? Just thought I'd point out that if your back is sensitive to bike-fit you may well buy a new fs frame and still get a bad back!

quentinfarquar
    Free Member

I have been suffering with a bad back last few years, it is getting better with Core and gym work. On full suss I can do about 20 miles before my back niggles, on the P7 riding it fast to keep up and getting bounced all over I am hurting after 10 miles and struggle the next day.

Maybe I just ride it slower…

glenp
    Free Member

Quite and old-fashioned idea, but what about a springy seatpost?

peakmonster
    Free Member

stop being a bike tart. is the Mojo just for posing on or for riding?

quentinfarquar
    Free Member

I ride the Mojo all the time, thats the problem…

glenp
    Free Member

You've got a nice expensive bike and you get lots of use out of it.

What's the problem again?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Second bike advice, main one been a Mojo!’ is closed to new replies.