Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Seatube reaming?
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Since getting my frame powdercoated the seatpost has been much tighter than it used to be. I've run a file down the inside of the seattube but its not made a lot of difference.

Would any decent LBS be able to ream the inside of the tube (alloy frame, 30.9mm diameter)?

Cheers
    Dave

cynic-al
    Free Member

few lbs' have the tools, best phone round, or try sandpaper round your finger.

shandcycles
    Free Member

Where are you DBW? I have a 30.9 reamer here (central Scotland).

18bikes

We have 27.2, 30.9 and 31.6 fixed reamers, plus adjustables to do anything else, including ebb shells, it's a nice quick job that we could do while you wait too

Matt

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Yorkshire 🙁

I'll give Pedalsport and/or Blazings a call this aft…

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Cheers 18bikes – a bit more local! Nice to know its a quick and easy job though, ta.

18bikes

If you do want us to do it, give us a call before as the reamers are at the framebuilding premises, just need a few days notice to make sure we bring them down

Matt

Hadge
    Free Member

We certainly do repairs like that BETD but not so local for you. If you get stuck (no pun intended) then give us a bell.

rootes1

few lbs' have the tools, best phone round, or try sandpaper round your finger.

sign of the times? shop i used to work at had full compliment of fixed reamers plus get out of jail adjustable as well..

JonEdwards
    Free Member

18bikes – 31.6 – really? How long is it?

I'd like to drop by with my Uzzi next time I'm up – its one of the first ones and Intense didn't ream the seattube all the way down, so I can't drop the saddle as much as I'd like (especially as they recommend 6" min of seatpost insertion!).

Cheers!

18bikes

extra long with the extension – should manage that. email and I can check for you and get back to you…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Seatube reaming?’ is closed to new replies.