Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Seat post longer than 420mm?
  • mrjmt
    Free Member

Does anybody know of a seat post thats longer than 420mm? I just need another inch….

(dont say bigger frame, its for my sanderson breath thats that right length due to its very long TT, but only an 18″ which is a little short for my legs).

I’ve emailed sanderson to ask what the minimum insertion recommended for the frame is as my 420mm twelfty post is around 10mm past the min insertion line, but had no reply as yet.

edit: oh yes, 27.2mm and black please!

warpcow
    Free Member

BBB and Gusset do 450mm ones.

nbt

blackspire do a 425 I htink?

yep = http://www.blackspire.com/qs/product/83/5953/263253/0/0

TooTall
    Free Member

Different bigger frame with a relatively shorter TT? Sounds like you need different geometry rather than a larger version of the frame you have.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

If you need more than a 420mm post, you have the wrong size frame. End of. 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

BINGO!

Well, someone had to trot that out PP 😉

wwaswas

minimum insertion recommended for the frame is as my 420mm twelfty post is around 10mm past the min insertion line

it’s more about getting the bottom of the post below the seat/top tube interface.

trail_rat
    Free Member

dahon do a meter long post …… but its about 40mm in diameter – might fit round the outside of your seat tube 😉

mrjmt
    Free Member

dahon do a meter long post …… but its about 40mm in diameter – might fit round the outside of your seat tube

😆 best answer so far.

Had an email back from sanderson, going to check tonight but i think it’ll all be ok. 8)

Dont want a new frame, the sanderson is the best riding frame I’ve had and wouldnt want to get rid of it for some silly reason like its the wrong size! 🙄 😆

mathewshotbolt
    Free Member

it wouldn’t surprise me if you bent or snapped such a long, skinny seatpost by riding off-road.

MrTall
    Free Member

Slightly different approach but you can get a Thudbuster XL in a 27.2 that’s 450mm long. Great posts too but obviously heavier and not the prettiest….

Orangejohn
    Free Member

Just ordered a new frame with pretty radical geometry.
    Size Large, which is my size.
    The designers disagree with PP.

Marc at 2Souls suggests I might need a whopping 500mm Shannon Hardcore.

Seem to retail for about £90 from Germany.
    Available in black 27.2 (plus others).
    One of these would be ideal for your Sanderson, look pretty ok as well.
    Regards
    John

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I just got a KCNC one at 550mm, 34.9 diameter. Seems pretty light as well 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Seat post longer than 420mm?’ is closed to new replies.