Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Screen protector for iPad.. Yay or nay?
  • donks
    Free Member

Just purchased the above and a week later have noticed some (small) scratches….bloody kids!
    Not overly worried really but did wonder if one of those plastic protectors are worth getting or are they crap and should I just make the kids wear gloves?

scaredypants

protectors on phones don’t seem to affect screen function at all in my limited experience, so yeah unless they can’t go on without loads of orrid bubbles & stuff affecting the view

(I’ve a cheap pad with no screen overlay but in a case)

mrlugz
    Free Member

My iPhone has a protector and the screen works fine through it, but was a bit of a pain to put on. I thought about putting one on my iPad but was concerned about getting it on square and bubble free. So I just don’t let the kids on it.

It is in a ‘leather’ holder thing though.

donks
    Free Member

It’s kind of more for the kids really, and no not in any case as yet

scaredypants

my worry with a pad is that it’s big enough for stuff (keys etc) to be put onto it if it’s left lying around

Cougar

You’ve bought several hundred pounds worth of portable computing for the kids, and you’re concerned about a couple of scratches. I’d suggest that what you’re looking at here is a compatibility issue.

trail_rat
    Free Member

mines got a protector on and lives inside a neopreen fleece lined case (with a smart cover over the screen) one of my pet hates is scratched screens , as well as dirty screens….. think that comes from being a glasses wearer – hate dirty glasses/scratched glasses too !

they go on fine mines one one tiny bubble and i popped that with a pin successfully

djglover
    Free Member

Just live with it, it will be obsolete before the scratches get too much for you.. Jeez

RS4KEV

mine has survived two years of constant toddler “use” with virtually no marks on it. if it can survive that without a screen protector it must be pretty good.

CHB

nay. my two kids use mine constantly and the screen is great.

prettygreenparrot

no way. iPhones, iPod Touches ad iPads have beautiful, tough sapphire glass fronts. Designed to withstand regular insults they look great uncovered. Pop a cheesy bit of tacky plastic on them and you spoil them.

chrisjnr
    Free Member

Defo need one on my iPhone but on my iPad not so much, mainly because the case wraps all the way round 😛
    iPhone is inside a silicone case so knocks about in my pockets….

spw3

Got an iPhone and an iPad with no protection for either. The iPad has two scratches on it after 1 year, the phone has none. YMMV but I think screen protectors change the feel of the screen for the worse.

slimjim78
    Free Member

whats an eyepad?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Screen protector for iPad.. Yay or nay?’ is closed to new replies.