Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Scrap value for hot water tank…?
  • takisawa2

Sis in law has had new boiler today, plumber has taken the old copper tank away.
    Whats the scrap value of a cylinder ?

bigeyedbeans
    Free Member

its a plumbers birthright 👿

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

Normaly weigh about 15 kg and we pay around £3 per kg for small amounts like that, so £45 (depending on weight).

Phill

bruneep

FFS! a workman tidies up behind himself and you're moaning about it.

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

Most of the plumbers that bring in their scrap to us have taken all the rubbish away as well and this goes into a skip at their expence usually

takisawa2

Ha. I'm not moaning, I gave mine away to the rag and bone man. Nah, she just wondered what they were worth.
    And I knew someone on here would know…. 🙂

white101

£45 for a boiler is'nt bad, I just put my old motor on webuyanycar.com and got offered £70 notes cheeky swines its w reg!

foolishmiracles
    Free Member

What about a cold water storage tank (galvanized steel?) Would an old one of those have any value?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

When i had mine taken out i understood the tank was to be 'diesel money' for the plumber, no problem with that.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Plumber sat next to me reckons from £30 up to about £80 depending on how big it is and if you have removed the foam and limescale. Diesel money and a plumbers birth right indeed

nosemineb
    Free Member

I got 60 with the foam removed after my plumber freind advised me to do that.

bigeyedbeans
    Free Member

Plumber sat next to me reckons from £30 up to about £80 depending on how big it is and if you have removed the foam and limescale. Diesel money and a plumbers birth right indeed

£120 is my personal best – nearly killed me carrying it out though

£ 40 is average

oldfart

what about a cast iron back boiler ?got to be worth a bob or 2 if i can carry bloody thing !

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

iron and steell in small amounts is 10p a kg. So diesel money only just.

heresjonny
    Free Member

bit of a highjack but anyone know anything about second hand kent peg tiles got about 200 to sell.

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

I've just got 100Kg of lead off my roof. Is that good?

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

house hold lead is too common. Church roof lead is where the money is at.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Scrap value for hot water tank…?’ is closed to new replies.