Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Scottish Weather
  • scotabroad

I've only lived here most of my life but it never ceases to amaze me how changeable it is.

Rode the red at Kirroughtree yesterday and the weather could not have been much worse with horizontal torrential cold rain, it was ok when you were going but it only took five minutes of standing about to be chittering from the cold. About 5 cars in the car park.

Went back today with the kids and did the blue run, full car park, glorious sunshine, no wind, and it was actually warm sitting in the sunshine at the cafe there. We could have sat all afteroon soaking in the rays.

Grand! 🙂

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

nuts init? the shops on the coast(i can see the sea!) and ive seen everykinda weather in the one day fairly often…torrential downpour in the morning,sno at lunch and all clear for a ride home by teatime!

at least you never get bored!

epicyclo

Saves going abroad on holiday. Scotland offers you every sort of weather, often 4 seasons in a day.

Aren't we lucky? 🙂

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

its usually sunny when im at work and shitty when i get a day off to ride. im sure i have upset the weather.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yup – plenty of weather in scotland

Hohum
    Free Member

No offence, but Scottish weather is pants.

Most of the time it is cold, wet and windy.

Baltic, damn cold over the last winter as well, which seems to be not loosening its grip at the moment.

I have studied up here and now live up here and if it were not for the overall quality of life I would bugger off back down south, lol!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ho hum – utter bollox – Edinburgh where I live has more sun and less rain than London ( colder mind you) Beautiful sunny day today

Scotland has many different climate zones

epicyclo

Ho hum – Member
    No offence, but Scottish weather is pants.
    Most of the time it is cold, wet and windy.

Surely you've heard there's no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothes.

And mudguards help too 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Ho hum – Member

I have studied up here and now live up here and if it were not for the overall quality of life I would bugger off back down south, lol!

Best do it before they close the border then

Hohum
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – sorry chap, but you are living in cloud cuckoo land with regards to rainfall

http://www.british-towns.net/weather/annual_precipitation.asp

I can't be bothered to check out a similar map for sunshine, but I would bet my mortgage that it would say the same thing.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Yeah weather's great. I would get bored if I lived somewhere where the sun shines all the time. The changeable weather helps make Britain and it's people what it is…I feel a patriotic song coming on here….any suggestions?

Hohum
    Free Member

Surely you've heard there's no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothes.

And mudguards help too

I think that was said by the great Scotsman Billy Connolly 🙂

Not exactly biased is he? 😆

Particularly now that he no longer lives in Scotland!

Sorry chaps, but the weather up here is pants.

Please just admit it, or I will bombard with you with boring climate statistics.

But, climate isn't everything, because the quality of life up here is pretty good 🙂

Hohum
    Free Member

…..

Diane
    Free Member

Went out yesterday in the pouring rain to ride seriously muddy natural stuff – was great – think you just get used to it!

mrmojo
    Free Member

I live in the west coast scotland and it's always wet and windy .. that's what makes us better riders 🙄

mushrooms
    Free Member

british weather is pants lol 😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ho hum – your link takes me nowhere useful.

Have a look at these graphs

Londan – average rainfall

Edinburgh annual rainfall

http://www.eldoradocountyweather.com/forecast/climate/uk-climate.html

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Double edit – baddly written post with poor info.

forge197
    Free Member

Since moving from the South to Scotland I've ridden less in the rain, mainly by being close to so many excellent trails and that the weather can be completely different just a few miles away. I just see what it's going to be like across the region and pick where to ride.

scotabroad

I would echo that about D&G Forge197

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Scottish Weather’ is closed to new replies.