Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Scott Scale 20 – anyone got one?
  • daveb
    Free Member

What do you think of it?

I am after a light race hardtail and saw a decent deal on a 2010 version. I had thought about waiting until next year but could go for this if it seems like the right bike.

Also how do they size, I had a Scott Genius a while back and thought it came up a bit short on the top tube. I am 6ft and was thinking of going for a large.

Thanks

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Scale is longer than the genius, being cramped on an old Genius is a common complaint. I’m 6’2 and on an XL Scale RC with a 110mm stem. you should be fine on a large.

The scale frame has been pretty much unchanged for a good while and there are loads out there, the 20 is a great model to go for as it has a lot of nice parts without the price tag of the HMX frame of the RC, which itself is a nice bike if a bit on the expensive side.

There’s no difference framewise other than colours on 2011 bikes unless you go for the 899 frameset (unlikely I think if you’re looking at the 20 model)

sambob
    Free Member

I demo’ed one and it felt very quick, long and low. I’m also 6ft and a medium was definitely too short on the top tube, a large would have been perfect. HTH.

daveb
    Free Member

Nice one, large it is then.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

I have medium and am 5’11”.

Does feel a little shorter than normal but I run a flipped 125mm stem with flat bars.

would buy a large next time.

amazing bike for the record.

bumley
    Free Member

The new 2011 scale frame is a new design it’s not just on the 899. The geometry is slightly different and it has shock damping system in the rear end, flexible but laterally stiff, it is an excellent bike and rides really well.

radoggair
    Free Member

i looked last year at getting one in the sale, and it came down to a choice between that or the spesh carbon expert HT. Luckily enough the bike shop had both in stock. To look at the spesh was leagues ahead, the Scott looked so plain and did nothing for me. The colours to were very bland. At the time i had seen many sparks in mags and thought they looked nice but up front was disappointed. Equipt wise the Scott was pretty good and on par if not maybe slightly better than spesh in the fact that i prefer shimano to sram on mtb ( other way around on road bike though). Overall, i chose spesh and glad i did.
    This is no critism on the Scott though, i think if i went for that i would of been more than happy but glad i got the specialized

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Scott Scale 20 – anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.