• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by wynne.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Schwalbe One Tubeless Road tyres
  • gooner69

Building a new bike up very shortly.
    Wheels are tubeless compatible so looking for any opinions on these?

Also struggling to find stock anywhere of any decent choice of tubeless road tyres in the 25mm size.

Anyone have first hand experience of them?

Thanks in advance

dezza53
    Free Member

Brilliant tyre, fast and grippy. Schwalbe under estimated demand hence not available for about another month.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve got the 28s but really like them. Better than the Hutchinson I think.

maxlite
    Free Member

Plenty of 23’s around….which is the largest I can fit!

thomthumb
    Free Member

no one seems to be holding stock. but the LBS have no issue getting hold of them.

stevious

Word on the grapevine is that they’re hitting the shops fairly soon. Mantel sent me a stock notification for pre-ordering the other day.

The 25mm ones do come up large – similar to some 28mm schalbe’s I had on the same bike – so if you’re at all unsure about the clearance then go for a smaller size.

crazybaboon

Nice feeling tyres, but cut easily
    Was running them in 28mm, but changed them for bontrager r2 26mm tlr as had far to many cuts, one of which was terminal for the tyre
    Not a single puncture on the bontys all winter
    I’ll be trying pro ones again now the weather is improving

Vortexracing

I have 28’s on my winter bike and 23’s on my summer bike. I think they are great, but I do agree they do cut up pretty easily.

cloudnine
    Free Member

The 28c arent much heavier, are more comfy and probably not much slower than 25c (if at all). Ive got them on my Tripster and average about 17mph on them (most rides are about 1000ft of climbing per 10 miles)

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I run 28mm Ones (not Pro Ones) on my commuter and they’ve been tough. Maybe the ‘cutting up’ is an urban/glass thing? as I regularly go offroad on mine – towpaths etc. and they’ve held up fine, and better than the previous Hutchinson Sectors. No punctures in about 5k miles.

gooner69

thanks guys, 28mm wont fit and my choice is 25mm. Will give the lbs a try to see what they can get in.

wynne
    Free Member

They rode beautifully until the bead failed on my front wheel – then not so good. Agree that they cut up easily. I have gone back to Hutchison tubeless which I have been using without problems for the last five years.
    I may have got one from a bad batch but I wouldn’t touch them again. They feel fragile compared to the Hutchinsons.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Schwalbe One Tubeless Road tyres’ is closed to new replies.