Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • SC Chameleon: Rear wheel keeps slipping….
  • badfink
    Free Member

As the title suggests, I've been having a bit of a nightmare with my new Chameleon build. It's a 2007 frame with the horizontal dropouts, and no matter how tight I crank the QR the wheel just keeps on shifting.

I swapped from a cheap QR to an old Deore enclosed cam QR that I had lying around and it's a vast improvement, but it still budges when i really yank on the rear brake on fast downhills and, most worryingly, when landing jumps. I've scoured the 'net and it seems most people solved it by moving to a enclosed rather than an exposed cam QR, but it hasn't done the job for me.

Any ideas? Or is it just because I'm a 17 stone lump?

tails
    Free Member

change it for chain tugs like this

nbt

I'm a light fella (11st) and I had problems with the rear wheel moving when I used just a QR, I don't think it's your size at fault.

I now use chaintugs on both side and an axle that takes an allen-bolt each side. the chaintugs are necessary each side as one side prevents the movement under chain tension, the other under braking. I think they do more than the allen bolts to be fair, but every little helps

Joe

never ever had this problem. Had three chammas now.

badfink
    Free Member

Hmm, chain tugs eh, that could work! I dismissed them as I presumed you couldn't use them with a geared setup and a QR.

Also, while I'm thinking about it, have you got any suggestions for particular tugs to buy, or will any do? 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘SC Chameleon: Rear wheel keeps slipping….’ is closed to new replies.