Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Saracen Owners Club
  • tankslapper
    Free Member
    tankslapper
    Free Member

Slow website – spotted this, thought it may be of interest?!

sv

Saracen on 'ere – I think you should be banned 😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bassspine
    Free Member

HAHA UR BIKE ARE SARACIN

julianwilson
    Free Member

10 members! Rad!

sv

To be fair it is a new launch and if it helps get more young 'uns involved its a good thing IMO. Good move to fill a space in Real Cycles customer 'type'.

taka
    Free Member

wouldnt touch them with someone elses bargepole

zaskar
    Free Member

Whats wrong with a saracen-it's a bike?

sv

wouldnt touch them with someone elses bargepole

Not even for 5 minutes like the rest of your many bikes? 😉

taka
    Free Member

nope

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

i had a saracen ariel…the frames in the garage…cant complain about it…used to make me feel good when i ripped past sum1 on a bike costing a few grand…

taka
    Free Member

its not like i have a sarecen mantis frame in the barn 🙄

i hasen to add its broken…

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

infact i think i might join it at some point in the future.

Toddboy
    Free Member

MTB snobs, now that's something new 🙄

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

yeah…i obviously wouldnt get invited out on a ride know that my other bikes got nicked.

0091paddy
    Free Member

Yeah, just ignore the Audi RS6/Patagonia wearing/Specialized S Works riding/can't ride for shit/show offs. Good on them for thinking up the idea.

colnagokid

My first mountain bike was a saracen TuffTrax Back in 1987

MrGrim

Cheap prices, gets kids and adults interested in riding, healthy hobby. Who did Peaty used to ride for?

There really are some snobbish fuds on this forum. A lot of great folks as well I must add.

Not speed grasshopper, smile.

hamishthecat

My race hardtail is a Saracen – magnesium frame weighing 3.1lbs. Very nice ride.
    Think I'm gonna join.

Mister-P
    Free Member

There may be a few more members once the new range has been released. TheBikeradar review is pretty favourable.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I had a rufftrax in 97 🙂

It was horrible, but I rode it into the ground and the frame never broke, got me fit as well, must have weighed 40lb, but I could still get into an aero tuck and do 20mph whilst pretending to be in the TDF 🙂

Their race frames were always good, the higher end jump bikes werent bad, and they had a good folowing in the trials world. It was only when they tried to compete in the 'bike shaped object market' that their reputation was ruined.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Got to be one of the naffest brand names ever. Sounds so dated, even "back in the day".

STATO
    Free Member

I have a bogo steel saracen frame, much much more comfortable than the on-one i also have, which rides like its made of pig iron in comparison.

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

i think they are good bikes…my ariel was heavy…and had a crap shock and brakes…but it took everything in its stride, the frame is pretty kneckerd..just managed to get the headset off it which the welsh weather has completly destroyed…the bearings lasted aswell…
    seeing as the bike cost 600 pound brand new im never gonna complain about their bikes…customer service tho isnt so great.

sv

Steve Bs (Real Cycles) customer service is good in a kinda Englishmans way 😉

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

you mean this

customer – "its broke"
    shop – "ill sell you another"
    customer – "cant you replace"
    shop – "yes, but youll have to buy it"
    customer – "ahhh"

pitduck
    Free Member

i like saracens 8)

Wally

I broke two Mg frames in exactly the same place. Saracen guy at cycle show acknowledged they all failed at the seat tube top tube junction and that they sold the whole job lot to a guy on the internet who had one on a week for ages.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Saracen Owners Club’ is closed to new replies.