Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Saracen Ariel – any good?
  • Mugboo

Who’s bought one?

Journo’s seemed to like them.

Are they any good?

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

If anyone has bought one they won’t admit it’s crap until they get rid anyway.

stevede
    Free Member

It’s been revised for 2011 as the top tube was too short for the respective sizes according to the reviews. Haven’t ridden one but they look a good value option and it comes in a nice black for 2011 and a frame only option.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

18bikes have a demo bike in

epicyclo

Madison are trying hard to re-establish this brand with a bit of credibility, but any reviews you read are likely to be advertorial until there is sufficient real world user experience.

I’d want to ride before buying.

stevede
    Free Member

MBR have a 2011 one in as a long termer with first review next month – nice as a guideline alongside a good test ride.

Northwind

There’s been a couple of really good mag tests… Singletrack took one to the fort william endurance DH race and it did pretty well apparently. Never rode one but it’s nicely put together.

hora
    Free Member

Buy one, desticker and have your own ‘brand name’ etc made up and resticker. Don’t embarrase yourself with the Sarcinz innit brand.

Mugboo

I have no intention of buying one, although i wouldn’t let my inner bike snob stop me.. 🙄

Just wondered what anybody who has bought/rode one thought?

My Hemlock is more than enough bike for me but just like women, there’s no harm in looking!

hora
    Free Member

Someone should ressurect the MuddyFox

sharki
    Free Member

I rode a 2010 Ariel for a Madison photo shoot.
    So was only briefly, say an hr, sessioning stuff.

It felt like many other FS bikes.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

So that’s ELEVEN posts, still no-one has admitted to having bought one.

matthew_h
    Free Member

I know a couple of people who have bought one. I’ve not tried our demo bike yet though. Hoping to fairly soon

Mugboo

I saw one coming down Hellveyn but he had chosen that dull path back to Glenridding rather than Sticks Pass…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I think Benji liked his.

18bikes

aye, we’ve taken on Saracen due to liking the ariel. I’ve (si) bought one myself, once I’ve sorted the brakes out (tried a frame upwards build with s/h parts!), should be getting a proper thrash

PeteG55
    Free Member

Will 18 be having demo bikes then? I’d really like to try one.

18bikes

aye, we’ve got a demo, now mine added too – so options on size – shop one is med, setup as stock. Mines a large, with lyrik on the front. well worth the try, an ace bike.

chakaping
    Free Member

I saw the 2010 model is going for less than £1300 here.

About the same as an Orange Five frame, funnily enough.

m4dmatt
    Free Member

A friend of mine was going to put his on ebay.not sure if its sold yet but if you’re interested in one for the attic i’ll get in touch with him

Kahurangi

I’d really like an Ariel 3, they seem to be quite goof VFM and I’d enjoy the apparent stigma of owning a non-cool bike.

However the cost of another bike would leave no room in the budget for a bike holiday next year so it ain’t going to happen.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Saracen Ariel – any good?’ is closed to new replies.