Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Santa Cruz Heckler problem?
  • robidoo
    Free Member

Got back from a ride last night and discovered that the pivot axle cap
    on me Heckler had snapped off leaving the threads inside the axle.

As luck would have it I managed to unscrew the broken bolt out with ease.
    What has caused it?
    Can I buy the axle cap on it’s own or do I have to buy the pro pack?

I have read there have been problems with the pinch bolts snapping too on Hecklers should I change mine?( I have some that I have found that were in some old bommers you think they would be a better quallity?)

Cheers.

CrispyCSW

Give jungle a call, they will probably just send out the bits you need. Did for me when my pinch bolts snapped.

robidoo
    Free Member

Thanks Crispy.

kaesae
    Free Member

Do you have any sideways play in the back end when the shock is off? I would be looking to see if there is any cause.

How old is the frame?

robidoo
    Free Member

It’s a 2007/2008 ish there’s no play but I had noticed the pinch bolts did come loose.

I have since cleaned the threads and will threadlock them.

luketracey

My Heckler has developed a creak over the last couple of weeks. After investigation the drive side pinch bolt head has sheared off. Rang jungle who said they would require the old bolt before they would issue me a new one. Thought this was a bit odd as this is a known problem for hecklers, and they sold me the pro pack with the bolt in. Getting a mates friends-mums-brothers-uncles-dad to get the old one out. Ill replace the bolt myself.

redx

When I sheared the head off the pinch bolt on my frame I e-mailed a photo to SC over in the US as I didn’t get much of a response from Jungle and they sent me new bolts, new bearings and some stickers. This is going back a couple of years though…..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Santa Cruz Heckler problem?’ is closed to new replies.