Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Runners: Rucksacks, vest, bumbag things.
  • allfankledup

My dad does ask why runners are issued with water bottles and an iphone to strap to their arm / headphones to wear. Seems to be compulsory on the Wirral.

I think the question is wholly dependant upon the type of run, the terrain, the likely weather and what the runner is training for. Some justify a vest or kit, 3 miles locally doesnt(generally)

I still hate headphones on runners or cyclists though – they should be able to hear warnings….

molgrips
    Free Member

I assumed the OP was talking about being out in the country side. Whenever you are potentially far from help, equipment is a good idea. If running around the streets then gear is obviously not necessary.

Having said that a friend of mine slipped on ice within his town limits, broke his leg and had to crawl quite a long way to get help through snow. So at least a phone would’ve saved a lot of pain and potential danger.

I bring a phone (and nothing else) unless I am sure there will be people around all the time. Which there usually is for me.

Stainypants

For my long runs I use an old decathlon 9 litre pack brilliant. I was looking at the new ones last week looked great.

As for risk read this, i’m sure this guy is a far more experienced runner than any of us on this forum

http://fellmonkey.com/2016/02/21/hypothermia-as-a-lifestyle-choice/

or this one

frost bite

surfer
    Free Member

i’m sure this guy is a far more experienced runner than any of us on this forum

Why? because he’s got a blog?

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Runners: Rucksacks, vest, bumbag things.’ is closed to new replies.