Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Rucksack child carriers
  • BlindMelon
    Free Member

I’m going to get a child carrier to take my son out hiking. There are a wide range so what models would you recommend and have you any advice regarding the fit for the child. I’ll take him into the shop to try a few as well

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Deuter kid comfort was fab, we bought one about 5 years ago.

br
    Free Member

None, they’re a bugger to get on/off and once the baby gets past a few months you certainly notice the weight – and you are very limited to how long you can be out (cold/hot etc).

Just my experience…

trashcanman
    Free Member

+1 for the Deuter Kid Comfort! My lad loves being in it. Pricey, but i’ve always found it to be extremely comfortable… even with an ever increasingly heavy 2 year old in!

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Got one made by Vaude. Cant remember the model and they seem to have changed all the names. Good tho, comfy and I can walk a pretty long way with the little punk. Its adjustable for fit, a bit like a child car seat.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Have seen plenty of people recommending the Littlelife ones on here and have seen a few of them around town. I bought one off ebay S/H for about 1/3 of the new price and my dad who collected it said it looked like new 🙂 Should be picking it up next weekend and looking forward to trying it out. My girl loves to be up high so I reckon she’ll prefer it to the buggy. We’ve had a front carrier since 6 weeks which gets a lot of use but she’s just too big for that so this is the next phase 🙂

transapp
    Free Member

I’ve got a LittleLife Cross Country S2 and I guess it’s OK, I don’t really use it to be honest, around town a pushchair is better, and in the country I use a bike…
    It is comfy, very adjustable and mini transapp seems happy in it, but I reckon b r has summed it up!

fadda

We had the LittleLife explorer – me and Fadda jnr both preferred it to a pushchair for everything from walking for hours, to shopping with Mrs Fadda.

Keeps both hands free, and has little one higher up. Very much worth getting a good one, especially when they get heavier!

Can’t recommend them highly enough…

Stoner
    Free Member

we’ve had a couple. I cant get on with them – I find they give me a dead leg when I use the waist band so have to carry on my shoulders only.(honest , luv, they do. You’ll have to carry the nipper Im afraid…)

One I cant remember the name of, the current one is a Vaude. All seem reasonably well built.

Not the most useful child carrying thing we own, that’d be the Croozer. But handy to have in the armoury if you’re doing some big hiking.

bruk

Got given a Macpac possum and it’s great. At 20 mths he is pretty heavy but you can go out for a couple of hours and spread him walking and being carried. Again found it useful for going shopping with him when he was about a year old as he likes being high up and leaves both hands free.

crankboy
    Free Member

Littlelite with the ajustable backlength , very comfortable for me and crankbrat .

Stoner
    Free Member
    jfletch
    Free Member

Deuter kid comfort here. Would recommend it. Remember though it’s just that same as a normal rucksack. The best one is the one that fits your back best. Try them out fully loaded with the nipper before you buy.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Think ours is a Deuter Kid Comfort as well, and agree with the try before you buy bit. You anywhere near Peniston? Little Trekkers have a decent range and it is basically their warehouse/shop so it is generally in stock. Been used for everything from going out for a walk (in all weathers) to keeping them happy whilst hoovering to keeping them out of trouble when shopping.
    Remember, they don’t have to stay in it but it gives you more range if they can get in and out.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Rucksack child carriers’ is closed to new replies.