Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • rubber queen or wild grip-R
  • roughneck
    Free Member

want some new rubber for sping summer was thinking 2.2 ish for my Chameleon.

vim_fuego
    Free Member

I've been running an RQ 2.4 ust on the front, they are an amazingly grippy tyre.

roughneck
    Free Member

I've seen the size of them I think a 2.2 would ok. My be a 2.4 for days up at inners.

gingerflash

2.2 RQs are fantastic. quite tall so a lot of cushion, or fewer pinch flats when run softer. I run them tubeless and the grip's great.

Not massively wide so reasonably low rolling resistance.

seem tough but weigh only 580g each.

chakaping
    Free Member

The RQ is great, got the 2.4 in UST and tubeless ready, both really grippy and fast.

Already got about 30 tyres – but still contemplating buying a 2.2 RQ to give me more than a rizla's clearance on the rear of my Reign.

roughneck
    Free Member

so wheres the cheapest place to get a pair

swainey
    Free Member

i paid £70 for the pair very good tyre

look good to

roughneck
    Free Member

going to run them with a stan's kit, should I go ust or not. I'll probably just get the cheapest.

chakaping
    Free Member

Roughneck – the UST 2.4 was waaaaay easier to seat tubeless than the standard tyre.

In fact I couldn't get the standard one to seat and have resorted to a DH tube to prevent flats.

That's on Stans Flow rims with yellow tape.

MrSmith
    Free Member

the standard 2.2 RQ (non UST) was easy to seat on a flow rim with one layer of yellow tape, it went up with a track pump.
    sidewalls took a while to seal though.
    dunno how much tyre room there is on a chameleon but there is only 4mm of room on my tranceX

poppa
    Free Member

Try and get the 2.2 one with the Black Chili compound, as it is supposedly a lot better than the standard compound. IIRC it's the 2.2 folding one. Better grip on wet surfaces but not at the expense of rolling resistance apparently.

roughneck
    Free Member

where from

roughneck
    Free Member

looks like the black chili 2.2, but were from.

poppa
    Free Member

Have a look here:

http://www.google.co.uk/products?hl=en&q=rubber+queen+black+chili&scoring=p

BUT… I know in the past there have been a few people buying Conti tyres thinking they would get the Black Chili compound and then finding out they weren't. So if I were you I would e-mail or phone to confirm that they are 2.2" Black Chili before you order, wherever you get them from.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘rubber queen or wild grip-R’ is closed to new replies.