Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • RST M29 losing air preasure – help
  • Earl
    Free Member

My RST M29 is losing air pressure. Pump it up to 100psi before I got to bed and in the morn its 50psi. It’s had about 50 hours use out of warranty.

Anybody know what I can do about it? I.e. something I can try myself
    or someone who has experience to look at it?

mieszko
    Free Member

If it’s out of warranty than You might as well have a go at stripping the fork, getting to the air spring and maybe give everything a clean and a lube.

I don’t know much about recent RST forks however couple of friends had a Gila AET fork with an air spring and on every single fork this failed one way or another. Those forks had a cartridge type air spring so it was easy enough to replace the whole spring.

Try contacting the dealer here for some replacement parts, with a RS dual air fork it would be a case of changing the o rings in the air spring but here I have no idea.

If You’ll be struggling with getting any parts for it then drop me a line as I’ll be going to Warsaw soon and RST is much more popular in Poland then here so I might be able to source some spares for You.

Earl
    Free Member

Thanks mieszko
    I found a vid on the rst usa website on how to take the tinghs apart for a clean and lube. Will give that a blast first.

thomthumb
    Free Member

call jeff at silo.

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/read/the-silo-takes-on-rst-aftermarket-distribution

he sorted me out when i needed some spares/ advice. top bloke.

Earl
    Free Member

Thanks very much!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘RST M29 losing air preasure – help’ is closed to new replies.