Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • RS Sektor questions
  • jere
    Free Member

Does anyone know the crown to axle length on the 150mm travel Sektors?

Also are there any good deals about at the moment on the 20mm Maxle Coil U-turn or air versions?

LoCo
    Free Member

Next batch due in with me in the next week, Mail me, and I’ll measure the axle to crown and can quote you too 😀

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Quote him? Why don’t you just let him know what the price is?

LoCo
    Free Member

I prefer not to quote prices on the forum as it’s a bit to close to advertising for my liking.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I got mine from LoCo. He quotes good.

orena45

Had been eyeing up some Sektors myself the last week and found some HERE. Not a bad price and appears as though the 20mm Maxle is in stock (most stores seem to be out of stock of this flavour atm).

LoCo
    Free Member

Price matches are do able 😉 All my forks are stripped and prepared before dispatch too, so they’ve got the correct amount of oil and sized bushes. 😀

snakebite
    Free Member

I have some on my Sov, they feel pretty much the same as the Rev Teams they replaced…. 8)

Mackem

The only problem I see with the Sektors is that the crown is black and not white like the lowers. It’s the only thing putting me off.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

anyone know how quickly the sektors bed in?

first ride on my 150mm coil u-turn sektors this evening (with the stock spring) and i was expecting it to be sag-tastic and it kinda was with 50mm sag but they still felt quite good and never got anyway near full travel

snakebite
    Free Member

I want a slightly firmer spring I reckon, see about ordering one tomorrow… more wonga!

jere
    Free Member

Thanks Loco ygm. currently have pikes but want a bit lighter fork and a bit more travel

LoCo
    Free Member

Jere, YGM 😀

chunkypaul
    Free Member

I want a slightly firmer spring I reckon, see about ordering one tomorrow… more wonga!

spoke to Loco last month about this – beginning of Dec was the anticipated date when they would be available to order from fishers

jere
    Free Member

Hi Loco, Do you have any Sektors in stock now? if so do you have the axle to crown measurement

LoCo
    Free Member

Hey Jere, still waiting for them, should be with me today or tomorrow. I’m not sure if the snow has slowed things down a bit. 😕

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Very happy with my air version

LoCo
    Free Member

Morning, Sektors have turned up! Axle to crown, RL Uturn 110-150 20mm Maxle lite is 532mm at 150mm travel.

jere
    Free Member

cheers

jere
    Free Member

One other question i had was what spring do they come fitted with as standard? and what rider weight does that equate to? I hope Rockshox haven’t done the same as they did with the pikes and made the medium spring only suitable for a whippet

snakebite
    Free Member

I would like to try a firmer spring in my Sektors, i’ll go rob the LBS later….

LoCo
    Free Member

Standard should be good for 11 to 13st riders depending on setup e.t.c

Trekster

So 15st fully ride preped I would need a different spring?
    I mostly ride trail centres/Lakes/Peaks/Howgills and some local hill stuff, nae jumpin, do my best to keep wheeels on the ground:roll:
    If I cant afford before Xmas I hope to in`11

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

LoCo…mail incoming.

Cheers,

LoCo
    Free Member

Rusty YGM, firm springs have just arrived too 8)

Mackem

My local bikeshop quoted me 365 euros for Sektors (the 9mm, cheapest ones). The Exchange rate must a bit daft at the moment. (on CRC are 400 euros)

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘RS Sektor questions’ is closed to new replies.