Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • RS Sektor Coil users… opinions?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi Chaps,

Does anyone use the coil version of the Sektor? How does it compare to the air version, or the air rev / Fox Float?

Any thoughts welcome 🙂

Cheers

Ricks

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I like mine. Not really ridem much else so not been able to compare them. They are better than my old 2004 fox talas’s. I picked them up for £250 new so for that money they are a no brainer really. Very smooth and very serviceable.

angryratio
    Free Member

Great value for money.
    The damping lacks the precision adjustment of some other forks, but, they’re great point and shoot forks.

I’m 14 and a bit stone with kit, the standard spring is a tad soft on my standard 150mm uturn fork.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Upgraded to a stiffer spring, good value fork for the money.

snotrag

Yup, good forks, and when you get them for less than 250 new, great forks.

Absolutely brill on the front of my pitch.

SBrock
    Free Member

Even better if you can find a cheap black box damper, takes the fork to a different level!

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Mine seem to be perfectly fine in a don’t notice them kinda way.

Great value.

slinkybike
    Free Member

Learn to do a drop down lower services on them and they will treat you well RS tend to under lube from the factory to protect leakage in packaging etc I think.. I would also agree on getting a damper upgrade in both the rebound rod and mo-co cartridge over the turnkey.

Trekster

Spotted any deals?

granny_ring

The spring felt too soft (13 stone) in mine. Have sold them and the frame but would have tried a firmer spring if I’d kept them but then that would have put the ‘bargain’ price up.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘RS Sektor Coil users… opinions?’ is closed to new replies.