Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • rs psylo service
  • MarkyG82

I have recently acquired a set of old psylos (01-02 I think).

they still run, just about. I could send them off to tftuned but as I'm mega low on cash and an engineer I thought of having a go myself.

Are there any tips or things I should look out for?

How likely am I to get it running smooth again or are they a lost cause without a pro service?

cheers

MarkyG82

Anyone?

stevomcd
    Free Member

A good clean-out and oil change would be a good start. You should be able to get manuals etc. from the RockShox/SRAM site, but don't know if they'll go back that far. I serviced my old Psylo XCs years ago and it was pretty straightforward.

crazy-legs

TF Tuned did mine a few months ago, it did need quite a bit of work and a few spares which there was no chance of getting elsewhere.

MarkyG82

Do you think its worth it? How are they?

these are going on a full suss with 130 at the back. don't wanna put all that effort in to find I'm only getting 100 cos its an old fork.

trying not to ne negative but my new toy deserves the best i can afford at the mo 🙂

MarkyG82

Anyone else have any input?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I had some in 2003, and I hated them. Got Fox Vanillas when they first came out, and they were leagues ahead in terms of performance.

Try taking them to bits and changing the oil, as above. If it goes badly wrong you haven't lost much.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I have pdfs of the manuals. Drop me an e mail and ill send them over. What model are they?

MarkyG82

scottcheg- that's what i had in mind, thanks.

adamdv8
    Free Member

sorry for a cheeky butt-in here!!

but if Bigyinn wouldn't mind I would appreciate a copy of the pdf's too. will drop you an email. cheers

MarkyG82

bigyinn – ygm

crazy-legs

Do you think its worth it? How are they?

Mine are 2002 forks, 80-125mm coil U-Turn on a Cove Stiffee. At the time I bought the frame they were the recommended fork for it geometry wise and the forks have been faultless. OK so they're outclassed now but mine have been through all sorts in the Alps, Pyrenees, Utah, Lakes, Peaks etc and always been fine. They've been well looked after but I was sceptical that they'd be worth servicing again but TF worked their usual magic on them. They did say however that it was probably the last service I would get from them so I'll just run them into the ground now.

Considering they were cheap when I bought them (shop going out of business got rid of them at basically trade to me), they've had maybe 5 TFT services and a couple of basic strip/clean services from me and that's been it. 10 years. Not bad going. 🙂

Wally
    MarkyG82

thanks guys. info and experience is great 🙂

MarkyG82

so, ive got them apart. Tweaked the damper unit as per some modding info I found (stops it from sticking which is the main reason for servicing).

Befor i start the rebuild, the damper cart is stuck int the halfway possition. Does anyone know how to fix this or am I better off putting it back together and tuning the damping via fork weight.

thanks

M

MarkyG82

anyone?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘rs psylo service’ is closed to new replies.