Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Royal Mail, forum delivery & CRC
  • B@rney
    Free Member

Waiting a week now for some goodies from the forum and crc. One tues one posted Wed. Nothing come yet, anyone else having delays are there any issues at the moment?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Nope. Ordered from on-one Friday afternoon – arrived RM sat morning 🙂 maybe regional – where are you @?

DaveRambo

I've had delays in 2 deliveries from 2 different online companies – both dispatched on time and delivered 'first class' 7 to 10 days later.

no wonder RMG are losing so much business.

B@rney
    Free Member

foxyrider – Todmorden. STW Towers probably bagging all the RM quota's for the area. Or maybe the fact that Prince Charles is coming to our smashing town tomorrow, sorting office may have 'lost focus'…..

RMG seem to take a beating on STW, but to be honest this is my first blip. Final bits on my new build so I was hoping to get out before summer goes till next year….

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Think the bank holiday last week has put a bit of a spanner in timings.

I've had a couple of deliveries that I missed and got the red card for.

That was a week ago and they've no gone missing in the RM system somewhere which isn't too promising.

They've got a crazy system up here – postie doesn't go back to office once he/she has finished their round – they just dump all undelivered parcels back at local post office, they get collected and then go BACK to major sorting office, get sorted again, get delivered to local sorting office, get sorted again and land back on the posties rack days later.

But its progress…..

Twin
    Free Member

Bought a saddle on Monday (bank holiday) from the forum, arrived Wednesday.
    Bought a chain from chain reaction same day. Arrived Thursday.

Forum Wins. (although I haven't had any problems really with any of the stuff from CRC, seems like my stuff arrives within 2 days of order)

B@rney
    Free Member

I'm norm a 2 day delivery for pretty much everything which makes it a bit strange. I'm not in a mad hurry because I'd have paid for the quicker delivery, its just after a week its poor….

Chase
    Free Member

They've got a crazy system up here – postie doesn't go back to office once he/she has finished their round – they just dump all undelivered parcels back at local post office, they get collected and then go BACK to major sorting office, get sorted again, get delivered to local sorting office, get sorted again and land back on the posties rack days later.

Almost – you are right about not going back the office. It's shut by the time we finish (progress indeed 🙄 ). Stuff should be bagged up in one first class mailing pouch, but yes it does go back into the system to be resorted. I only use this method if it's my day off the day after though, otherwise it goes home with me (trusting I know) and is taken back the following morning. The pouches are always back in the office and the contents waiting for collection the next day. Clearly it's not happening everywhere though.
    Think it's bad now? – things are going to go tits up over the next few months in Royal Mail as new delivery methods are introduced.

B@rney
    Free Member

Brilllll!!! But thanks for the heads up Chase.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Royal Mail, forum delivery & CRC’ is closed to new replies.