Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Routes around cheviots wanted
  • cabbage84
    Free Member

Hi all if anybody has any routes in the Cheviots or Alwinton area they would be greatly appreciated as im heading up that way tomorrow

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Why, you’ll only fall asleep on the (very scenic) rolling grassy hills or the permanent bog that is Salters Road.
    Believe me, I know.

cabbage84
    Free Member

Just fancy a nice scenic ride and its only half an hour from my house. Never done any riding in that area

cinnamon_girl

Nothing to see, move along …

😉

qcamel
    Free Member

Not true-some great rides up there, and some tough workouts to boot… Not easy to explain in a post but there us a great ride from the Barrowburn tea room, pop in they will probably have guides…

kevj
    Free Member

mtb guide Derek Purdy has several good routes around that area.
    Also, Kielder Trail Rievers has a good forum with plenty of local knowledge of good trails.

GEDA
    Free Member

Tour of the cheviots Alwinton/Kidland/WhiteburnShank/Uswayford/Cocklawfoot/WindyGyle/Trows/Barrowburn/Fairhaugh/Usway/Shillmoor/Pathpeth/Alwinton is great. Will fine a route.

paul4stones

Don’t fall off the bridge 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

God, it’s threads like this that make me wish I still lived up there..

Used to love riding around Simonside, and the Rothbury round was always a favourite…

cabbage84
    Free Member

Hi all thanks for the replies I went up barrowburn and just rode bridleways as I came across them really nice ride been riding nearly four year and didnt know such good riding so close.

Teetosugars have you got any more info on simonside and rothbury rounds routes as they are even closer to me.

GEDA
    Free Member
    cabbage84
    Free Member

Thanks for that link look like ideal routes

cinnamon_girl

I can definitely recommend Derek Purdy’s book, have done a few of those routes.

Probably have some gpx’s if that’s any good for you?

I would also strongly recommend Tim of Northumberland Bike Breaks for guiding. Really nice bloke too, based in Rothbury.

GEDA
    Free Member

Really good cheviot route
    This is a great Cheviot route with a nice mix of ace descents, singletrack, climbs and more climbs and solitude.

cabbage84
    Free Member

Some gpx files would be great please send to email in my profile

cinnamon_girl

cabbage – gpx’s just sent.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Routes around cheviots wanted’ is closed to new replies.