Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Rossendale DH
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

I’m planning a long weekend at my Mums in Rossendale and want to get out riding on a couple of days. We’re going to see what Lee/Cragg Quarries are like, but we also want to find a bit of DH riding – where are the best DH runs these days? Thanks.

elaineanne
    Free Member

not much down hill at cragg quarry. but the link path from cragg down to Lee quarry is all down hill with boulders that jump you up in the air as you whizz down. :wink:…. Lee Quarry has alot of new lines you,ll like it there !….

oreetmon
    Free Member

rivington, 30mins away.

big hill with the mast on it.

4 or 5 nice little runs if you know where they are.

plenty of bikers around at the weekend to point you in right direction.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

from Cragg quarry if you continue along the feeder road [ heading away from lee with cragg to your left ] there is a fork , keep right go through gate and bear right , turn right at end of wall ,go through gate on right. you then have a winding down hill over field/ bridleway that gets rocky as you start to go down hill to the left , on the map it goes down from cowpe and as luck would have it brings you out at a bike friendly pub. there are some good cheeky downhills near cromptons cross , which is on the mtl

elaineanne
    Free Member

hmmm i still dont know Rivington…everyone raves on about it… i was over there a few weeks ago with my son…went over the m62 footbridge and on the other side was the tv mast with all the satalite dishes on it… is that the same area or is it alot further on…. is there another hill with a mast on it…

LapSteel
    Free Member

as luck would have it brings you out at a bike friendly pub

Pub (The Buck) was closed/up for sale last time I went past

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

hmmm i still dont know Rivington…everyone raves on about it… i was over there a few weeks ago with my son…went over the m62 footbridge and on the other side was the tv mast with all the satalite dishes on it… is that the same area or is it alot further on…. is there another hill with a mast on it..

Thats Saddleworth. About 20 (?) miles from Rivington… Rivington is near Bolton(ish).

crispo
    Free Member

Rivi is the big hill and mast you can see from Reebok Stadium at Bolton. Its the M61 that its next to now the M62.

lowey

Some VERY cheeky stuff in the woods above Towsend fold, and a few jumps and drops in Buckden (?) woods.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

There’s some cheeky drops/mini DH in Horncliffe Woods; behind Horncliffe Mansion.

Personnally I’d leave Cragg as above keep on the old setts road opposite South of Dearden Moor, and drop down onto Ginsoaked Lane.

Not Gnarly, but a long down.

lowey

Elaine… Your miles away.

&searchp=ids.srf&mapp=map.srf]Rivington is here.

Your thinking of Windy Hill at Junction 22, M62.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

I didn’t know the buck was closed , thats a shame.the other good downhill is the coal road. if you leave cragg on the trail that leads you towards ding and go past the turbines theres a long fast downhill to the a68 rochdale road .

elaineanne
    Free Member

cheers Lowey… yep thats it windy hill i was on…lol heres another one for you then…. whats winter hill (or is windy hill the same thing thing as winter hill…lol

lol yup i guess i was miles away from rivi…hahah would love to go there some time tho… 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

winter hill is the actual name of the place we call rivington.
    The village at the bottom is Rivington the mast sits on top of Winter hill. The barns where most people park are named rivington barns lower and higher etc
    if you want a tour [ with his lordships permission to ride his land obviously] give me an e-mail it has a lot of variety n a shortish area.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Rossendale DH’ is closed to new replies.