Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Roll call – who has this damn cold/flu thing?
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I have – thought I was getting over it on Saturday but it has developed into a bacterial lung infection.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Pain ain’t it, mines just about gone, I was up early to go to the gym warmed up on some 10kg weights and then my joints started to ache. Now my arms feel long. It was like I was trying to do flys with triple that amount.

LapSteel
    Free Member

Feels like ive had it for about 2 months….it seemed to go away for a week and then returned as tonsillitus 😐
    I blame the cold weather and the stress of my frozen pipes

c
    Free Member

Mine started to appear and then never developed into a full blown cold. Feel like it’s lying in wait now ready for Christmas day. If it impacts my Christmas lunch and boozing I’m going to be angry. 👿

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Me too.

Feel generally fuggy and I have a throat that feels like someone has ripped it out, turned it inside out, rubbed salt in it and put it back
    🙁

markrh
    Free Member

chest infection here, wife got it to…when she’s not coughing i fill in the gaps,ho,ho,ho. 🙄

bigbob38
    Free Member

Me! Went out for an icey spin last night and couldn’t believe how much stuff came out my nose 😯

Feeling a lot better today – so, go for a ride!

BillMC

I had it for a month, lost voice, acheing joints, night sweats, sleepless nights, catarrh, coughing. It’s still not gone completely and I’ve never had a bug that has lasted so long. My sympathies go out to anyone poor souls who have to endure this over the festive season.

iDave
    Free Member

chest infection here

megastream
    Free Member

I got it, achy all over

hora
    Free Member

How do you know its a chest infection? EEK I’ve had this since last Thursday you see

Drac

First day since Monday I’ve felt ok not great but alot better. Bit worried about the phlegm I’m producing when I cough though hope the bugger hasnt led to a chest infection.

hora
    Free Member

I’ve got the phlegm thing too. Especially worse during the night/first thing.

iDave
    Free Member

hora – wheezing and coughing up lumpy green gunge might be a clue…

nacho
    Free Member

Wow, seems like the whole country is sick. Mrs Nacho has had a deep cough for around 3 weeks and had severe chest pains and difficulty breathing the other day, suspected pleurisy but we think she is OK now. I have had flu like symptoms for a week and now a cold sore has come up this morning on my nose. Kids have both been full of coughs for 2 weeks and my little boy came out with chicken pox yesterday! I haven’t ridden my bike for a week 🙁

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Apparently (so my doc said) it is a normal course for it to start virally and begin to subside only to develop into a secondary bacterial infection.

For me it was a chest infection
    For my wife it was sinusitis and now coming back as a sore throat
    For one daughter it was tonsillitis
    For the other daughter it was pneumonia

We have all been on at least one course of anti biotics now (both girls on their second).

None of us is particularly well yet either.

🙁

CHB

Mastiles, you will have the particularly virulent “Harrogate Strain”.
    More than half of Yorkshires favourite tea company have been hit by this, its awful. Currently getting over it myself.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

My little lad started nursery in September and both him and me have had cold/flu/cough since! Its starting to get a bit tedious (moreso for him probably at 14 months old)…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Mastiles, you will have the particularly virulent “Harrogate Strain”.

Whatever it is, I have very nearly just puked through coughing so violently.

🙁

cove123

had it Mon/tues this week but felt poor the rest of the week, still got cough…more hot toddies..tonight

BluePalomino
    Free Member

uuurgh
    I finally got over it 2 days ago & had the thing for approx 3 weeks. Whols family has had it, but me worse :-/ Good to get back to normal 🙂

ski
    Free Member

On its 3rd week for me!

Had 10 days of chesty coughing, I am on medication for another condition, which means cannot take anti biotics!

Do you think this is Swine?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

3 weeks? congrats. I had it for 8 weeks all in. just got shot of it, 1st time I’ve felt normal in 2 months. thanks god.

stuey
    Free Member

+1 “I feel we may be getting old” 😉

alexxx
    Free Member

my misses has it, doc said it will be here for 6 days – by the sounds of it NOT! damn it why do I have to sleep in the same room as her 🙁

meehaja
    Free Member

Man down!

Kicked in on last nights night shift. feel near death now!

mrmo
    Free Member

four days in now, throat feels like someone has shredded, nose blocked, coughing up crap, feel a little less achey than a day or so back,

Russell96

I’ve had three weeks with it in October, two clear weeks then I came down with another one that lasted about two weeks. Apparently apart from swine flu (had that last year) there are two other strains doing the rounds at the moment, so take it easy when you start to feel better, as otherwise you’ll be treated to another visit.

Olly
    Free Member

been waking up dripping sweat past few days
    which has been nice
    boss has been whinging ive not been “focused”

so i think in future ill just take the days off sick instead of making the effort to come in and no bother focusing at all.
    grrr

no drinking for me over the festive period it seems 🙁

chewkw
    Free Member

Had it badly last month but then two days ago it nearly came back again but I just slept longer to recover. Now okay.

I blame poor heating 😡

meehaja
    Free Member

Olly, drink through the pain, the alcohol will dehydrate you, causing your nose to top running, and you’ll feel generally ace. until the hangover.

kaiser
    Free Member

yep
    sore throat/snot/coughing/sweating/aching since sunday accompanied by frequent liquid farts for the last 2 days. Actually in bed as i type!
    Reckon i’m through the worst though. Good luck to those who still have the journey to take.
    (seems like i’m the only one with the runs as well though 👿 )

we watched “touching the void” last night and I told the missus I was probably feeling worse than the chap was when he finally was found down at the basecamp! that sparked an argument LOL.

Hohum
    Free Member

Touch wood we do not have any flu up here.

However, my son seems to have had some sort of strange cold/gastric virus for almost 2 months which he can not seem to shift. During that time he has had all sorts of cold symptoms plus alticaria plus feeling queasy but not actually being sick. Poor little chap.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Roll call – who has this damn cold/flu thing?’ is closed to new replies.