Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Rockshox Revelation – numpty question.
  • Beagleboy

Ok, I have two Revelation 426 dual air forks. One bought in March 2005 (I think) which lives on my P7 and one bought in about May 2007 from Merlin, which used to live on my Orange 5. Superficially they look identical but I'm wondering / hoping that the newer one has more travel than t'older, as I've got a new Orange 5 frame that's apparently optimised for a 140mm fork whilst I've always assumed that both Rev's were 130mm.

How would I tell? There aren't any markings on the forks to indicate travel. The newer fork with both chambers pumped up has slightly more fork leg showing (135mm opposed to 130mm) than the older one, but is that an indication of actual travel?

I appreciate it's not the end of the world if I'm riding with a fork that's 10mm short of 'optimal'. In my head though…..that's a different matter… 8)

B.

iainc

pump them up hard, measure exposed stanchion, let all the air out and push them down, making sure all is is right out, measure exposed stanchion – subtract ?….. might not be the right way but that's what I'd do..

Olly
    Free Member

they are 130mm travel.

its a bit daft saying "designed for 140mm travel forks" as the axel to crown distance is what matters, and this varies from fork to fork.

marzocchis are always longer than RS for instance (IIRC) for what is sold as the same travel fork.

i may be correct in thinking some manitous are VERY short for thier A-C, as the bolt through hole is up the fork leg?
    allowing you to use 150mm travel on a 130mm bike?

again, i MAY be making this up

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Revelation – numpty question.’ is closed to new replies.