• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Kip.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rockshox Revelation help required
  • Kip

Ok, so, I’ve just bought a set of “Rockshox Revelation 426 130mm dual air forks” (as described) via a well known auction site. On receipt I checked them out as they looked a bit short and have discovered that the stanchion length is only 125mm (regardless of pos and neg air pressures). The instruction book is dated 2005 and I think they are 06-08 forks, the lowers are kind of dark maroon in colour. It seems they were available in 100mm, 115mm and 130mm. They are NOT U-turn. Am I being some kind of numpty or do I have a reason to get a bit shirty with the seller?
    Oh yes, at NO time was reduced travel due to spacers mentioned so he has no out on that. We think we have found 1 spacer in the pack with the fork but aren’t sure.
    Cheers for any help. I’d like to be fully informed before I get annoyed.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

they are 130mm and reqiuire a 5mm spacer to be removed off the air side piston

Kip

Before I take them apart it appears that the 06-08 were available in 115mm. Is there any way to check that it is definately due to a spacer and not the wrong length fork. Or were they standard forks (130mm) but with spacers fitted as standard to reduce the travel to whatever they were sold as?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

all 130 with spacers as rebas filled the other gap iirc

Kip

Cheers. Worth getting narky about with the seller? I’ll be honest I was after u-turns but in a hurry misread the description and got these. It does mean they are a better swap for my old forks as well! But that’s not the point!!!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

for what reason, you not reading the ad properly?

Kip

No, the bit that said they were 130mm forks when they are clearly not, without some fettling on my behalf. I know I read the ad wrong, and I’m not complaining about that, that was my own fault so have to suck it up! I wanted the adjustability of U-turns so I could see how the longer travel handled compared to the shorter but I’m happy enough with these. As I say, it’s more the fact that they are not 130mm travel as described.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Revelation help required’ is closed to new replies.