Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Road wheels with white spokes?
  • Andyhilton
    Free Member

Looking for a pair. Tarty, I know.

Anybody got any recommendations?

BadlyWiredDog

Bontrager Race X-Lites, white spokes, red nipples, decent weight etc and very pretty if they suit your bike. I have a brand new unused set with either Campag or Shimano freehub that I’m trying to get rid of for something around 500 quid, they retail for £650…

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Sounds great BWD. My bike is blue/white and the red would clash. This is part of the problem. Thanks though.

BadlyWiredDog

No worries, it’s a long story involving, well, a long story, but they look wrong with a ti frame. I ought to stick them back up on the classifieds really 😐

fisha
    Free Member

you could always tweak a couple of other parts to be red anodised as well – like the seat post clamp or the spacers on the headset … that way it more like subtle tweaks and matches.

druidh
    Free Member

I have a set of Eastons off one of these….

The decals on the rim are red but could easily be removed. They are new, unused and taken off the bike before I rebuilt it with some Ksyriums. I was gonna keep them as a “winter” set, but if you were desperate….

partyboy
    Free Member

you could always tweak a couple of other parts to be red anodised as well – like the seat post clamp or the spacers on the headset … that way it more like subtle tweaks and matches.

Or buy some blue nipples?

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Thanks druidh.

The blue nipples is a good idea but it would still leave red decals on the bontrager and I like keeping the decals on.

I may have a look at the ksyrium elites which are just black or silver…in fact lets open that option up…Any recommendations?

portlyone

You tart

ourmaninthenorth

I may have a look at the ksyrium elites

I’ve got a (black) pair from when they released this revised version in 2009. Good wheels – light, stiff and strong. But, I can’t help but wonder if the cartridge bearings are what contribute to a certain “draggy” feeling.

I suspect it’s more likely the increased gravitational pull now I’ve got so fat….

brassneck

You tart

Nah, tarty is buying Aksiums because from a distance to the untrained eye they look like Ksyriums. Not that I’d do that 😳
    To be fair Aksiums are more wheel than I’ll ever need. I do have some older Ksyrium Elites and they are noticeably lighter and whip up to speed quicker though.

This is just plain common sense. Road bikes have to look good.

Marge
    Free Member

@ Druidh

I have the same road bike. 🙂 It’s a lovely frame.
    Do you know how much these wheels weigh?
    I’m wondering if it’s worthwhile upgrading them to something like Dura-ace or Krysiums…

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I got some 2011 Ksyrium elites in the end. Thanks all.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Road wheels with white spokes?’ is closed to new replies.