Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 205 total)
  • road rage,Woman blocks road and claims cyclist is attacking her
  • bruneep

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM2KJO1w-kk[/video]

I’m a woman on my own! 🙄

And I’m a cyclist on my own 😀

jonjones262
    Free Member

No wonder cyclists have a bad name, what a c”ck

mattbibbings
    Free Member

He was technically correct but went about it like a prize tool.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

should have tarmac’d her drive

rickon
    Free Member

Not entirely sure what I would have done in that situation….

As the driver, I would have apologised and pull over to the right.

As the cyclist… hmmm… no idea. I’d be stumped. Ride to the left hand side of the car? Can’t go to the right, as thats the wrong side.

t_p
    Free Member

At the beginning I was on his side but he handled it like a bit of a pr**k!

bigblackshed

She’s on the wrong side of the road.

He’s a bell end.

Nothing else useful to say.

Northwind

He’s not being rude, he’s just speaking irish.

jonjones262
    Free Member

Watched some more of the videos on YouTube….jeez, these holier than thou helmet cam warriors need to get a grip!!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Watched some more of the videos on YouTube….jeez, these holier than thou helmet cam warriors need to get a grip!

😆

I think you’re right.

I don’t blame him for having words, she’s driving like a ****. Dunno why you’d bother uploading it onto the internet though. As if to prove 4×4 drivers are idiots or something. Everyone already knows that..

angryratio
    Free Member

The video actually makes it appear as if he came round the corner fairly quickly.
    The distance to the junction from the parked car means she probably moved out before he came around the corner driving defensively anticipating an oncoming car.

He’s a prize tool and could have handled that far better.

scotroutes

She could still, at that point, have moved over to her left again to leave him room to pass on the correct side of the car. Where was he supposed to go once she stopped?

(but yes, he’s a tool for reacting like that)

butcher

A bit extreme, but she was worse to be fair. And it’s difficult to see how he was going to get past without a confrontation, she was completely blocking the road for no reason.

craigxxl
    Free Member

The cyclist is a knob out looking for confrontation. He adjust his line has he turns so that he just misses the car to prove a point then looks for the next person to have a go at. Could have been resolved with the cyclist slowing down and moving closer to the kerb and the driver most likely have done the same.

Lifer
    Free Member

+1 butcher

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

The cyclist is a knob out looking for confrontation. He adjust his line has he turns so that he just misses the car to prove a point then looks for the next person to have a go at. Could have been resolved with the cyclist slowing down and moving closer to the kerb and the driver most likely have done the same.

Give em an inch and they’ll take a yard.

user-removed
    Free Member

+2 Butcher. It’s clearly up to her to pull back to her side of the road and wait. If the cyclist had been a car she’d doubtless have done just that. And we have no idea if that’s the 10th eejit he’s encountered on his commute. It’s often a cumulative effect.

Personally I’d have hopped onto the pavement, given her the finger and carried on. Some battles just aren’t worth the increase in blood pressure.

endurogangster
    Free Member

Cyclist is fully entitled to be a jeb end as he’s caught that dirty cow out good and proper! What if it had been a child wandering up the road while she was cursing down the wrong side of the road in a hi viz! That Irish bloke should defo have dropped trou and defacated on her bonnet to teach her a lesson!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Both tools.

cookeaa

Pointy, pointy finger… You can see it in the bottom of the frame, nothing gets an already arsey Woman more wound up like being loudly berated and pointed at.

I can see his problem, he has right of way, she’s not read the road ahead and/or assumed he’ll go to the right, of course then he’d be on the wrong side of the road with a line of on coming traffic…

That said I don’t see why relatively minor traffic balls ups where nobody actually gets hurt require such angry altercations.

He was looking for a shouting match to get on camera and prove how utterly right he is about road traffic…

TBH stopping to argue never resolves a thing, unless you’ve got some good one liners and a camera on your noggin to help stoke the fires on youtube, and stroke your road warrior ego…

Both being dicks really.

richmtb

Jesus Mary an Joseph, there’s some right **** eejits in this world.

Car driver is a clown and mentioned road tax, tried to put on an Oscar winning performance once she knew she had lost the argument. Cyclist is a bit sweary but in fairness is also Irish so this has to be taken in mitigation

Overall though a lot more entertaining than most commuting videos

Slogo
    Free Member

There are too many ‘cyclists’ getting GoPros. then go looking/making confrontation all to get youtube subscriptions thus making money.

check out sonsofwinds Im sure he is related to a few on here! mudt have a few cameras looks a right tool!

ninfan
    Free Member

Well, you can’t knock her approach to health and safety can you – wearing a High Viz vest to drive the car 😆

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

May 2013!?!?!?

Junkyard
    Free Member

What does a driver have to do for you toi suggest they may be in the wrong?

Incorrect side of the road – Check
    Claims he is in the middle of the road whilst on the wrong side of the road – CHECK
    Room to move over to let him go on the correct side – CHeck
    Gets hysterical- Check

Now he was nto the politest man in the world but what is he meant to do when she say s he is in the middle of the road when there is not even enough room on his side of the road to pass her?

I dont know if folk are being serious with their response here tbh

I don’t see why relatively minor traffic balls ups where nobody actually gets hurt require such angry altercations.

because the person in the wrong doe snot move out the way then accuse shim of being in the middle of the road? He literally has no road to go any where and she still has space to pull in where she has stopped

How on earth can she open her door in order to shout at him for being in the middle of the road and have a go at him – looks like he has done muttering and just going past tbh he make no attempt to start a conversation with her

Jamie
    Free Member

May 2013!?!?!?

I could have sworn this has been posted before…

Sancho
    Free Member

just a pair of **** i couldnt care less about

aracer
    Free Member

Sorry, but I don’t see what the cyclist did wrong. Certainly not in how he rode, and not really in how he handled the situation – I mean what exactly was he supposed to do?

Eh, what are you on about? Have you actually watched the video? He takes a natural cornering line, is nowhere near the first car, despite it being on the wrong side of the road for no obvious reason and doesn’t even comment on it, yet alone abuse the driver. Not exactly the actions of somebody out looking for confrontation is it? Are you serious about the car driver moving if he moves closer to the kerb? She’s already had plenty of time to do so and not done anything.

I do sometimes wonder whether people on here actually ride bikes given the comments on videos like this where the car driver is clearly in the wrong and the cyclist clearly in the right.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

I know this is an MTB oriented forum but I wish cyclists would show a little more solidarity to each other. The cyclist did nothing wrong in his cycling. Nothing. He found his way blocked by an absolute pecker who should not have a driving licence.

Personally I wouldn’t have bothered with escalating the confrontation like he did. This woman is far too stupid to be reasoned with. I would have given her a little round of applause then passed her on the right.

But you can’t blame him for being angry. Cycle commuters (I am one) sometimes have to stand up for themselves.

People blaming the cyclist, “holier than thou” or whatever, just sound like the Daily Mail readers who think that cyclists are second class citizens.

wiggles
    Free Member

She was being ridiculous… But if it was me tbh I would have just hoped the kerb and gone past not worth the hassle.

Loved the guy in the passat saying “good on ya man” after he calls her an areshole 😆

aracer
    Free Member

The trouble with that is that there were other vehicles behind her and he could have got stuck there. Far better to just hop up on the pavement. Other than that your post is a beacon of sanity amongst all the idiots on this thread.

JCL
    Free Member

He was bang on for having a go at the daft old bag. She has no idea WTF is going on and then has a instant menopause followed by drama overload.

People like that will sue at the slightest chance and complain about everything. Useless individual.

IanW
    Free Member

Bring back evolution, that’s what I say.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I don’t see what the cyclist has done wrong, though I’d have been less agumentative/confrontational.

Driver was unbelievable.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

The car is clearly driving on the wrong side of the road. The stupid women could have easily moved over, but didn’t.
    If I was the cyclist, my response would have been a lot worse.

aracer
    Free Member

Phew, the asylum has collected its inmates and normality appears to be restored.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

He was bang on for having a go at the daft old bag. She has no idea WTF is going on and then has a instant menopause followed by drama overload.

😆

traildog
    Free Member

I really don’t get why people are saying the cyclist was in the wrong. He was blocked by the woman. There was nothing he did which caused this – in no way was he looking to create that incident. He went past on the pavement, the only place he could go. It was her that stopped and blocked the traffic and was shouting nonsense at him.

This thread just goes to show how people hate bikes on the road, even in a mountain bike forum!

project
    Free Member

Why is she wearing a hi viz and why is the car seat wearing a hi viz, and why does she need a 4 x 4 to troll around town.

davidjey
    Free Member

He got a bit too instantly sweary and indignant when they were facing each other in the road, but other than that didn’t do a thing wrong IMO. Handled the argument with dignity 😀

Reminds me a bit of the woman who, after attempting an ill-judged overtake and having to pull back in, reacted to my shake of the head and ‘how was that ever going to work’ body language by yelling at me, in a red-faced rage, “YOU NEED TO GO ON AN ANGER MANAGEMENT COURSE!!!!”

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 205 total)

The topic ‘road rage,Woman blocks road and claims cyclist is attacking her’ is closed to new replies.