Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 205 total)
  • road rage,Woman blocks road and claims cyclist is attacking her
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

There both at fault for living in the big dirty city where everyone is on edge.

Grrrr

teasel
    Free Member

others live in more paranoid ‘the world is out to get me’ mindset.

You’re referring to me in that statement, aren’t you…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Not trolling.

Ok you are just utterly wrong then
    She was just a bit early overtaking the parked car. She was driving entirely on the wrong side of the road towards oncominng traffic on the incorrect side of the road

FTFY

As for they were all there watch the video -= they have pulled out [ cannot tell when they arrive tbh but they may just be pulling to a stop behind her] but no one else is hugging the opposite side kerb whilst driving towards another road user.

Its ridiculous to claim her driving is anywhere close to the expected standard. Its as shit as your attempt to defend it

cynic-al
    Free Member

iolo – Member
    singlespeed shep + 1

Not trolling.
    She was just a bit early overtaking the parked car.
    When the cyclist turned into the junction she was anticipating overtaking the parked cars so was in the right hand lane.
    All the cars behind her were also in the same lane.
    Were they all in the wrong too?

Yes – why move out to pass the parked car before you need to, when there’s oncoming traffic?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Here’s a good road rage incident. It’s a cylist v cyclist though, we;re not all out to get at car drivers. No fisticuffs unfortunately, although he does use the helmet cam warriors secret weapon – the threat of a thirty pound fine.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V83XKkVYZ-I[/video]

aracer
    Free Member

Just a bit early? Ah well that’s OK then. I was just a bit early going through the red traffic light (before it changed to green) and a bit early overtaking the tractor (before the car coming the other way had gone past). Presumably that’s all totally excusable and I’m in the right?

I’m not sure whether those calling the cyclist names have realised that he does all his swearing whilst stopped in the road where the driver can’t hear him, whilst doing exactly the sort of gesturing some seem to suggest he should. When she starts the conversation by opening her door as he goes past (presumably her window doesn’t work – as a woman on her own she’s not trying to confront him is she?) he’s actually quite polite and restrained.

I ask again – for those who think the cyclist is wrong, what should he have done?

uselesshippy
    Free Member

This explains why so many cyclists die on our roads.
    Even fellow cyclists think they Should be treated like second class people and ride in the gutter.

convert

I ask again – for those who think the cyclist is wrong, what should he have done?

Not stopped, just kept on pedalling (passing on the bit of road to the right) whilst giving a gaelic shrug if he felt so inclined and then erased the incident from his mind (and camera) and not bothered the internet gods with a bit more dross to hold onto in cyberspace.

She got it wrong, but really….

serrature
    Free Member

No idea why the cyclist is getting a hard time here.
    he is COMPLETELY in the right. And his reaction? what reaction?

He is remonstrating against this 4×4 driver which has made no attempt TO STAY ON THE CORRECT SIDE OF THE ROAD, and on top of that stops on the extreme right not allowing even a centimetre of road to pass.
    And if that wasnt enough she accuses him of being in the middle of the road and accuses him of threatening her??? mind boggling

+1 endurogangster
    +1 aracer

richmtb

I had a similar incident in my car the other day.

turned into a narrow road (parked cars both sides, only wide enough for a single car, two way street) to find a taxi blocking the road, sitting with its hazard lights on. I drove up to the taxi and stopped about a car length from him.

After about a minute of me waiting patiently and the driver not even acknowledging my existence his passenger gets in and he starts to move towards me. Because he had blocked the road I’ve nowhere to go except about 100 metres backwards.

He has to go back about two car lengths.

He starts gesticulating telling me to move back

I just sit there (I’m a good 25 minutes early for work so time is on my
    side)

He start gesticulating with a bit more vigour.

I start eating a banana (I had my lunch on the passenger seat, although I really wish I’d had a newspaper!)

Taxi driver moves back the 10 metres or so he needs to. He mouths something to me that rhymes with “banker” but to be honest I’m too busy laughing to care too much

Cyclist was 100% in the right some people are just inconsiderate fools

flippinheckler
    Free Member

So cyclist is riding along on the correct side of the road has to avoid park care and his way forward is blocked by clueless drive yet some on here feel the cyclist got it wrong. How stupid can you be FFS.

D0NK

Not stopped, just kept on pedalling (passing on the bit of road to the right)

and meet oncoming traffic whilst on the wrong side of the road? Like I said maybe do that slowly and carefully if you’re not concerned about the initial “incident” but not just blast past regardless.

aracer
    Free Member

Seriously? When he’s got past the mad woman does he stay on the right of the road or attempt to slot back between her and the car immediately behind her?

D0NK

richmtb some of the young men around our way like to just stop in the middle of the road when they see their mates driving in the opposite direction, pull up (completely block the busy-ish road) and have a bit of a chinwag. Watched 2 do it the other day, lady driver drove up behind then, waited 10 seconds or so then gave a quick beep of the horn, one of the chatting drivers leans out of the car and starts shouting abuse at her. Cheeky wee scamps

Junkyard
    Free Member

he is not blasting past he is giving a gaelic shrug

Bloody cyclists and your refusal to disregard the law and not imperil yourself because of someone elses stupidity

**** the lot of you she should have just kept going

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I would have rode past her and honestly not given a toss and never thought of it again.

Hear, hear!

It seems as if the moment someone straps a helmet cam on for their commute, they become a shouty, angry, sweary confrontational asshat*. Binners makes a very valid point above re disclaimer.

*Or, perhaps it’s only shouty, angry, sweary confrontational asshats that choose to do so. Who knows?

whatnobeer
    Free Member

For all I know there could be hundreds of bad driving/cyclist incidents on youtube but they’re not usually so entertaining so don’t get posted up here. We only see the worst ones, which usually contain shouty swearing nonsense.

dragon
    Free Member

I have no issue with the woman being in the wrong, I just have issue with his behaviour thereafter. As far as I’m concerned once you start effing & jeffing, and getting into a rage you’ve lost the argument and are as bad as them.

wilko1999
    Free Member

God she is absolutely awful, what a headcase. And would appear to have a minor grievance with cyclists in general what with rolling out the old ‘you don’t even pay road tax’ nonsense.

She saw him coming towards her, he wasn’t in the gutter (not that he should be) so she put herself in that position right in front of him to try and prove her point thinking “there’s no way I’m moving over for a cyclist”.

The cyclist might be a little sweary for some conservative tastes but he’s definitely not in the wrong!

lemonysam
    Free Member

The cyclist might be a little sweary for some conservative tastes but he’s definitely not in the wrong!

That.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Dragon to be as bad as her he would needed to have jumped a red light, blamed her, thrown his bike through her windscreen then cried like a baby for his mummy

He , by a long long way, is the calmer of the two participants

Again what on earth does a driver have to do to get some on STW to not defend them/attack the cyclists response?

AlexSimon

I thought it was brilliant when she tried to get rid of him by making out that she was being threatened and thinking that as soon as she played the ‘woman on my own’ card, he would go – and he just didn’t rise to it. At all.
    Fair play.

In other news – I can’t believe there are some on here (presumably cyclists, but who knows) who thought that blocking the entire road was ok driving. She just drifted out without even noticing whether it might have been clear to do so or not.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I would have rode past her and honestly not given a toss and never thought of it again.

exactly, what she was doing wasn’t in the slightest bit dangerous, she was inconsiderate, and in the wrong, but no harm done. The guy inconvenienced himself far more by stopping for a rant. A shrug of the shoulder would have sufficed.

Some people clearly just like to be confrontational, which isn’t surprising if some of the people on here are anything to go by.

aracer
    Free Member

This. I think some people need to watch the video again and pay attention to the conversation.

pondo

You’re referring to me in that statement, aren’t you…

Oh, bravo! 😀

Lifer
    Free Member

tpbiker – Member
    Some people clearly just like to be confrontational, which isn’t surprising if some of the people on here are anything to go by.

Oh teh ironing

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its the best troll and passive aggressive comment so far on this thread.

It clear you dont want to be confrontational innit 🙄

iffoverload
    Free Member

the “driver” was clearly in the wrong, she should not have stopped and held up the traffic like that,

the “gentleman” on the bike should have set a good example by hopping onto the pavement, and pulling a one handed wheelie while giving the driver the finger.

its is almost guaranteed that many of those delayed drivers got really wound up causing them to drive like dicks and causing ever further road mayhem

any experienced road user could tell you this. 🙄

dragon
    Free Member

Yep, but he had a camera on so had to act like some big man, and shout and swear for his Youtube vid. Well suppose he got his wish as we are discussing it, but sheesh what drama queen.

D0NK

OK I got some headphones and listened to the audio, bloke was sweary at the start while there was atleast 6′ and presumably a fair bit of soundproofing between him and the driver, when speaking to the driver he rarely swore, called her an arsehole at the end but with a fair bit of provocation (and video evidence to support this view). Argumentative certainly but when the driver is on the wrong side of the road and opens with “you’re in the middle of the road” I wouldn’t have expected him to reply with “well I see the point you are trying to make madam, however…”
    She was just batshit, she’s opened the door to sound off at the cyclist then when it doesn’t go her way starts complaining about being threatened “help, help! woman on my own” while he’s stood on the pavement out of the way of traffic and away from her.

The tragedy here is that he could quite easily have taken her apart in a reasoned logical discussion as she was 100% in the wrong. But it was never going to happen anyway as I’m confident she, along with every shit driver I’ve ever spoken to, just wanted to shout him down and once her spleen was vented, drive away, she wouldn’t have listened to a word.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Dragon – you cal lhim a dram queen whilst she squeals about assault

Obvious troll is obvious [ and not worth a picture search
    To save time obvious troll is obvious in denying troll claim

No one could actually think he is the dram queen – I ha

p8ddy
    Free Member

The cyclist, for me was in the right 100%.

He’s by the parked car, she refuses to move. His options then are – break the law by cycling on the pavement, or…2. Break the law (I think), overtake an oncoming vehicle on the wrong side of the road with no visibility of traffic beyond her. His option then is to cut across traffic.

And she should already have saw him (she had 10 seconds to notice) before pulling onto the wrong side of the road. It was a blatant attempt to intimidate the cyclist.

Either way, she expected him to undertake a dangerous and illegal maneuver.

It’s not a case of him making a stand, it’s a case of not putting himself in danger. I wouldn’t have moved. And the driver behind would appear to agree.

Speculating wildly, I’d say that she doesn’t realise she’s on camera – hence the attempt to paint him as a bad guy harassing a single female, wailing loudly and acting scared when, basically, other than choice language, he’s been by far the calmest of the two.

STW amazes me sometimes – the variance of views, and the utter intolerance by some.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

to the people suggesting that whoever gets to the obstacle first has the right of way i suggest having a little read of the highway code before making a tit of yourself on a public forum in future

pondo

I thought he was spot on – she was being deliberately provocative, the way she drove, that wasn’t an innocent mistake. Think I would have sat there until she said what I’d threatened her with. Did the bloke in the car behind her say “good on yer, man”? Top man. 🙂

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

hmmmm. if I’d have stopped and had that sort of argument everytime someone did that I’d never get to work!

Now, I was starting to get bored of the sheer number of commuting videos on youtube at the moment. but then last week a good mate has this happen…

Now, had there not been a camera, it would have been his word against hers. So I guess there is a merit in recording your commute. He got away with a broken nose and lots of aches and pains.

pondo

to the people suggesting that whoever gets to the obstacle first has the right of way i suggest having a little read of the highway code before making a tit of yourself on a public forum in future

Observationally, I would say not only did he get to (and clear) the obstacle before the woman did, he also had right of way.

pondo

Now, I was starting to get bored of the sheer number of commuting videos on youtube at the moment. but then last week a good mate has this happen…

Flinkin blip! That’s nasty, hope he’s ok…. 🙁

jody
    Free Member

Holly shizzle Jimbo. Awful crash and hope he got some compo out of her.

bigyinn
    Free Member

jimbobrighton, that car was on the wrong side of the road at the junction completely. Oh and your mate did an impressive number of rolls. Hope he and the bike are recovering well and the driver gets done.

D0NK

but then last week a good mate has this happen…

‘kin heeeeeeell that’s allsorts of shitty driving.

(did watch the entire video craning my neck up in a subconcious effort to get him to reposition his camera)

Awful crash and hope he got some compo out of her.

chatting to a guy at work about my crash the other week, just a busted lip so no claim for injury, he said I was stupid for not claiming, I pointed out I didn’t like insurance fraud, he told me when he was hit he was absolutely truthful, couple of bruises that ached for a few days, they gave him a grand!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 205 total)

The topic ‘road rage,Woman blocks road and claims cyclist is attacking her’ is closed to new replies.